disclaimer form need

Originally Posted By: SBalen
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Is a disclaimer form for the costumer to sign needed if you have an inspection agreement or can you get by with just the inspection agreement icon_question.gif . If so does nachi have the disclaimer form for the members to download and use.

Scott

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

Scott,

Most of what I consider as 'disclaimer' is located in and around the NACHI SOP which I include with my report, other specific disclaimers are located in the section of my report that they pertain to. What exactly is it that you wish to disclaim?

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

The inspection agreement if written and used properly is a disclaimer. It should say what you do, what you can’t do, who you are doing it for, etc. Mine includes a limitation of liability to the amount of fee paid, a section explaining that there is no warranty expressed or implied, that we don’t report on environmental conditions (air/water quality, mold, etc.) an arbitration clause, how to complain, and other things. It’s two full pages, and will probably grow to three at the next rewrite.

You do the specific disclaiming in your report, like, "the left wall of the family room was not visible because of a wall to wall and floor to ceiling entertainment center. Hidden defects not visible at the time of the inspection may be present".

Originally Posted By: SBalen

I am using the nachi inspection agreement, and report host for my reports, so has long as I put things in my report on what’s not cover I will be fine then. I can just put them on the bottom of the report.

Scott