Drain?

This doesn’t look right. Can’t find any refer. in the IRC book on this.

Furnace vent pipe too close to combustibles, recommend repairs as needed by qualified HVAC tech…would be one way to address it. :wink:

Still can’t see your pictures Gary (unless your post is “quoted”).

The drain line is not installed per manufacturers instructions. . . I don’t think you’ll find a code addressing the drain line material specifically, but I’ll check. . .

I found it. . .

**M1411.3.2 Drain pipe materials and sizes. **Components of the condensate disposal system shall be cast iron, galvanized steel, copper, polybutylene, polyethylene, ABS, CPVC or PVC pipe or tubing.

I am sure someone will argue the definition of Tubing.

tubing n : conduit consisting of a long hollow object (usually cylindrical) used to hold and conduct liquids or gases [syn: tube]

Source: Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913) Tube \Tube, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Tubed; p. pr. & vb. n. Tubing.] To furnish with a tube; as, to tube a well.Tubing \Tub"ing, n. 1. The act of making tubes. 2. A series of tubes; tubes, collectively; a length or piece of a tube; material for tubes; as, leather tubing.

The type (material) of tubing or pipe is specified - cast iron,galvanized steel, copper, polybutylene, polyethylene, ABS, CPVC or PVC.

I don’t see rubber on the list. . .

[attach]2898[/attach]

If for no other reason (for lack of code substantiation or local enforcement), hose pipes bend and crimp with age (we have all seen this out at the patio) and will block flow resulting the water damage.

Call it as you see it.

a garden hose is made of black vynal for the inner lining, (also the “v” in cpvc, and pvc means vynal) the outer “jacket” of the hose is made of nylon reenforced neoprene (some brands differ) with a sylicone finish. and the connection is made of “approved materials” usualy brass or coated steel. the only parts actualy coming in contact with the eliment in question are approved individualy, but in a whole assembly, not approved for this application.