E and O insurance

Originally Posted By: bkoch
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I have ben making the rounds of my local offices and at one of the ReMax offices I was told that I needed proof of E and O before being able to leave brochures and cards. As you can see Im in Florida where the state does not require E and O. Of the 37 offices that I visited yesterdaythis was the only office that asked or required E and O ( I was in 3 other ReMax offices and not word bout E and O). I went to Frea and looked at the pricing!!! WOW !!! 2500 to 3000 seems pricy to me or am I just reading it wrong? The benifits dont seem in context with the prices? I have quotes for 1 million in liability for 500 to 600 dollars, that seems fair.The E and O looks like the prices are 10 % of the coverage amount? $ 2500 to 3000 for 250,000 to 300,000 in coverage? HELP!!!

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Brian,

sorry to tell you but you're not reading it wrong $2,500-3,500 is around what you will have to pay, and as a newer inspector you will find even getting insurance to be a problem.

i would try FREA ( www.frea.com ) and also your regular insurance agency, also if you search the forum here you will find "books" written about E&O insurance and providers.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Quote:
The E and O looks like the prices are 10 % of the coverage amount? $ 2500 to 3000 for 250,000 to 300,000 in coverage? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats only 1%. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

I answered your other post in members only.

Originally Posted By: bkoch

oops sorry bout that extra zero! you guys are so sharp. why is coverage for a million liability so much less?

Originally Posted By: rpierson

I use Allen Insurance.

Stay away from Hartford! There is a big scam here in CA.

Originally Posted By: dfrend

icon_exclaim.gif http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewtopic.php?t=996

Actually it is a national scam!!!

Read here before getting insurance!!!!

--
Daniel R Frend
www.nachifoundation.org
The Home Inspector Store
www.homeinspectorstore.com

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Insurance is all about the amount risk, and number of claims versus fee income. I would imagine that the number of claims and the amount of the settlements paid on errors and omissions is greater than that for gen. liability. Also, there is greater risk that an inspector will miss something than there is of him breaking something.

Originally Posted By: rmumma

Don’t most also carry general liability insurance along with E&O> Thanks

Originally Posted By: jrooff

Quote:
Don't most also carry general liability insurance along with E&O> Thanks

Yes and I also use Allen Group Ins. Best price of any I found and super to work with, always willing to answer questions.