Today’s inspection was a duplex, 60 amps for each unit on fuses with a 30 amp federal pacific circuit foe a dryer.
One outlet per room, all overloaded with multi outlet strips.
2nd floor tenant cut off the plug to the dryer and connected it to the back of the electric stove.
None of the GFIs worked, all non grounded. Inserted my outlet tester in the GFI near the kitchen sink and it arched and smoke came out of the outlet. Luckily nothing happened, or should I say something should have like blow the fuse or trip the GFI.
One wire over heated at fuse box.
almost feel like I should notify the city officials because this place is dangerous.
Any feed back is appreciated.