End to Christmas Lights Tangled Frustrations

Alright guys, laugh all you want, but it works. ha. ha.

Since I had the rest of the week off and had to show the One We Must obey I was busy, I came up with this innovation to end the frustration of a tangled mess when it comes to digging up the Christmas lights.

DSCN2187.jpg 200 feet of nothing but tangled mess.

DSCN2189.jpg Ahh, but wait, here is my tool. Wrap it around when taking it down and stays untangled.

DSCN2190.jpg I drilled a hole in the middle, inserted a 3/8" rod poked into the ground and now it just swivels around while I install them, no tangled mess.

DSCN2194.jpg This is the tool I installed on an extendable painters pole to install the lights in my tree. Made of wood and sanded the edges so as not to damage the conductors.

DSCN2192.jpg Now that handle can come in handy to just store a couple hundred feet of Christmas lights without the mess.

The grandkids are coming down tomorrow and will put it to the test. :):D;)

Marcel :):smiley:

DSCN2192.jpg

DSCN2192.jpg

You should get a patent for that Marcel, before someone else makes millions from your idea. :):mrgreen:

Good idea Marcel…back when I used to put lights up I used this to store them.

Yeah, but mine did not cost a dime to make and self feeds as you need it. :mrgreen::):wink:

I have gotten so frustrated over the years with tangled lights and, this is the worst, a string of lights that goes out in the middle of the tree:twisted: that I just buy new ones every year. I’m tired of, " if one goes out the rest stay on"… my a_ _:twisted: :wink:

They only ones I buy, one light goes off, the rest stay on. Change them before I put back up.

Marcel :):smiley:

You’re a better man than me Marcel :D. I think those little fuses are what gets me. The high dollar, “pre-lit”, tree I bought last year got dimmer and dimmer approaching Chrismas. I think by Christmas the upper left section and lower right section was all that was left burning. Don’t grt mr wrong, I love to decorate but I usually have “Clark Griswold” (Chevy Chase) luck :roll:.

I sure do know how you feel on that subject.

I spent so many dollars on lights over the years to find out that a bulb burns and they all go out. Trying to find the burnt bulb is like trying to find a pin in a hay stack. Then the little fuses. Well, goddarn it, don’t you think they could paint the godarn thing red to flag it out, no, they want you to buy another set.

It is all about money.

The lights that I have are three conductors and I think it is why they all stay lit accept the burnt bulbs. Not sure.

One way or the other, I am glad when it comes and glad when it goes.
I just hope the little ones we love so much enjoy it so they will do the same to their little ones.

Marcel :):D:D

That’s what it’s all about, the little ones. I’m sure the “magic” will be passed on to them;-)

I still remember unscrewing those big bulbs, licking the base, screwing it back in, and then giving it a good flick with the finger, and presto!.. it always seemed to be the blue ones:roll:

This is one of the many reasons I don’t do Christmas lights.

:):):):):);););):wink:

You need to dump those old strings and change over to L.E.D. lights. %60 less power consumption, longer life and almost indestructible.

A hose reel works really well, also.

I go to the after Christmas discount sale. I get lots of lights at about a buck or so per string–and pitch them at the end of the season each year.

Sometimes I put up a painted “Star of David” and tell the neighbors I’m Orthodox Jewish…

or I put out a statue of Buddha–and tell them I’m really…:roll::roll::roll:

I go to the after-Christmas discount sale. I get lots of lights at about a buck or so per string–and pitch them at the end of the season each year.

Sometimes I put up a painted “Star of David” and tell the neighbors I’m Orthodox Jewish…

or I put out a statue of Buddha–and tell them I’m really…nevermind:roll::roll:

Its even easier to just use colored spots and glitter.

I figured you had some special gadget that pops out of your cell phone, mounts on top of your head and has a 6 horsepower Briggs & Stratton motor that automatically reels the lights in. :mrgreen: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t even try to untangle them or find a bad bulb. I just throw them in the trash and get a new set. They’re cheap.:wink:

Thanks Marcel, very ingenius.
Being a woodworker myself, I’ll be building a couple of them this season.