Faulty AFCI ?

I don’t have time to check this completely but it may help you:

http://ecatalog.squared.com/pubs/Circuit%20Protection/Miniature%20Circuit%20Breakers/Arc%20Fault%20Circuit%20Interrupters%20(AFCI)/0760DB0204.pdf%between%

Sq D has recalls and have been counterfeited!

Which is likely one of the reasons that NY State does not require them in new construction…

The recalls were years ago.

As far as the breakers, non-AFCI have been counterfitted also. What does NYS do in that case? How does the state deal with the fake GFCI receptacles?

And I still find them…

My point was that the recalled breakers should not be still sitting on the shelves available to be used in new installations. There is also a different type of AFCI required now compared to when the technology hit the code.

Using the same “logic” maybe NYS should stop the sale of any Toyota because of problems in the past. Ford had problems with the Pintos and Crown Vic gas tanks too. Maybe Fords should be banned.

I just received this very good document about AFCIs and determining causes of tripping.

“Understanding the different trip functions of an AFCI can help to determine
why it has tripped.”

Thought ya’ll might like it: AFCI-inspection-training-document.pdf (123 KB)

Good info Ben. Thanks :smiley:

Same link in post #20 from Larry.

Hmm… That link doesn’t/didn’t work for me.

Works fine from here Ben.

That was in Mike Holts News Letter yesterday, everyone should subscribe to his News Letters, they are all very informative.

I have hundreds of files related to his information you receive daily in the News Letters. Been receiving them for years.**** newsletters@mikeholt.com****

i dont really like larry, bob… :stuck_out_tongue:

lolol

You just don’t know me with my glasses on…

9 [640x480].jpg

I have seen a 3-way bulb in the lamp next to the bed trip an Arc Fault breaker. Some can be sensitive.