Fireplace question

Originally Posted By: wdecker
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I looked at the lennox thing. Kind of like that, except THER IS NO GAS LOG! It is a log lighter, intended and advertized and the builder said you could and looked at me funny and said, in front of the client, that they could burn wood it the bloody thing!

I should just get him to sign a OK to do that. They he can accept the liability. I HATE some of these Chicago builders!

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076
wjd@DeckerHomeServices.com

Originally Posted By: dgriffith

Did an inspection last winter for a client putting their home on the market. For some reason they wanted me to see how well it worked and had it going by the time I got there. The CO levels were very high when I tested and recommended they shut it down and never use it again and gave them the following web site for info. The wife called a few days later and thanked me.http://hearth.com/what/unvented.html

When you’re up to your a*@# in aligators, it’s hard to remember your main objective is to drain the swamp.

Originally Posted By: dandersen

Quote:
However, not surprising, there are countless 'independent' reports published by the unvented proponents side, extolling the virtues and safety of unvented appliances. Carbon monoxide?...What carbon monoxide? Sulphur dioxide?...What sulphur dioxide? Nitrogen oxides...What nitrogen oxides? These unbiased reports would carry much more water if they were not commissioned and paid for by the newly formed GAMA Vent-Free Gas Products Div., an association of unvented appliance manufacturers boasting 19 member manufacturers.

![eusa_whistle.gif](upload://jDjRTI67WYP0oRBoAiUfREM5WMO.gif)