First Sellers Inspection

Thanks David. I didn’t think about the difference in tools between inspectors. I will mention that as well.

Juan Have confidence, Just say all Inspectors may find different items, thats all ! From what I have seen from your posts here, Im confident you do a thorough inspection ! Other Inspectors may miss all the things that YOU find All You can do, is give the best inspection you can, dont make excuses, or apologies before they are needed

Nope, they are not exactly the same. This inspection is not part of a sales transaction. There is no closing or time frame involved so comments regarding “before closing or before end of your inspection contingency” should not appear in your report. So in all those instances, the report is different.

As for the original question, why even bring the subject up in the client’s mind? As you are doing a cursory walk through with the client, you could mention that someone could ask 10 inspectors the same question and possibly get 10 answers, all written differently. But I would not broach the subject that there is a possibility you might miss something. By doing that, you have planted a seed of doubt that is not warranted and degraded your own skills in the mind of the client. JMHO.

I don’t use comments like that so my report would be the same regardless of what point during the transaction it takes place. I see what you are saying about not planting a “seed of doubt” in their mind though. I did not think about it like that.

The buyers MAY bring their own inspector.
Now there are 2 reports.
Does the report that precedes the last report nullify the sellers inspection?
I would not think so.

Now Steven by saying it is a cursory walk through, what if the buyers wish to use *** his inspection report as the bases for their purchase***?
He will be bound to his reports findings and/or lack of them me thinks unless he limits his efforts and liability IN WRITING.

As for the client, be yourself and tell them you will do your best on there behalf.
Report what you know at the site but also tell them that you wish to review your finding in your OFFICE.

IE: All those model numbers on Hot water tanks, electrical panels, the heat pump and HVAC. Remember you do that Juan.:wink: I remember you mentioned it to me.
Review them for age, callbacks manufactures links to add or your report.:slight_smile:
We went over this before buddy.:slight_smile:
You will be great as Bob’s your uncle mate!!

I am a bear on any inspection I do. I “sniff and claw at all the home has to offer. Structure, system and components get the same courtesy as a buyers or purchasers inspection.”

Juan, you might consider putting some time frames in your buyer’s inspections if for anything, to show the client that it is important enough to have further inspection / evaluation before their inspection time limits are up. Imagine how pissed they would be if they closed on the house with the intention of having your recommended inspection done when they move in. Now they find out the item is going to cost them another 5-10-15-20 thousand dollars. You can’t rely on the used house salesman to tell them anything about your report. Even if it is a single, all encompassing statement about time limits and further inspections, it should be somewhere in your report. JMHO.

Some of what you say makes sense but think about what you are telling him Stephen.

PIA.
Limit your irresponsibles in your contact.
Ask INACHI members for a no liability or limited PIA or contact Juan.
Cover your a s s.

TALK SOFT RIGHT HARD.

You are the one having a difficult time understanding. It is clear and concise, unlike most of your ramblings.

Yes Stevphen.
That’s the guy I was looking for.
Unbiased opinion, Right ALL THE TIME, and a head so far up your BUTT your have 2 heads on your shoulder.!!:wink:

All the best.

Robert thanks for you input. I don’t have an uncle Bob though…

Steven I completely part myself from the transaction. I dont care about the price, what kind of sale it is, how many days they have left on their contingency or anything else. I just report my findings objectively. All my narratives include the defect I observed, the ramifications if the defect is not repaired and my recommendation. My client can decide when he wants it fixed. I totally get what you are saying but IMO its not my job to determine what is most important for a buyer to have fixed before he moves in.

I’am you uncle Bob Juan.:wink:
Add me to your family.

Its English slag Juan. HA HA HA
Bob’s your uncle

I was educated primarily yes Stephen to a certain degree, by professors from England or professors from England’s colonized countries.

NOTE: I hired English Brickies (masons and apprentices) because of their formal training is far superior to North America’s masons. IMO
They do like the PUB though.

Henceforth my verbiage and habits are still apparent in my writing skills or lack of them depending upon the literary critic. :wink:

You will be fine buddy.
Leave your nerviness at home where it belongs.
It all starts with the number 1 or the first attempt at anything.

My knees where knocking until I started working.

Actually Juan, the purpose of those “prior to closing” statements is a liability one. Without some statement to that effect a client might argue “We went ahead and purchased the home, planning on fixing issues as we lived there and now we have all this damage and expense due to [Yada Yada Yada]. Our Inspector never told us this was an issue which was so important it needed to be addressed before we bought the home.”

There are many issues which may only cause damage or harm because the new owner lives in the home differently than the old owner. Different appliances, different numbers of occupants, different usage. Unless you specify the “when” on your reports, it will be open to interpretation. Reports should limit interpretation as much as possible.

I have a “prior to closing” statement in my contract, in my intro page and another on my electrical page. They don’t have to be in every note but somewhere on your report may save your bacon one day. They provide clarity and a little urgency.

I get it now Robert. The inspection is over now though. I was nervous but I just my inspection as normal. I let my PIA do the talking

Good point Cameron.

Maybe if you offer your Contracts Limitation Cameron Juan he may accept it.
This way he can see the many contacts and continences others use to defend themselves against ligation.
Just a thought.

You first. Post yours so we can all learn from you.

Robert,

How are your maintenance inspections different from a complete pre-sale or buyer inspection? I have yet to see a sample “maintenance” inspection report but do see other inspectors in florida offering maintenance inspections at half the price of a full.
My concern with “maintenance only” is don’t we have to perform the due diligence as will a full inspection if safety issues are found? If you have a smaple maintenance inspection report for me to review, that would be great.

Bravo. Due Diligence. Great Scot.
Thank you for reaching out.

Never worry about what others charge as much as how you sell yourself.
I get $1000 for maintenance inspections at times.

I am busy lining up work today.
If you email me we can talk. Leave your number. I have free phone service.

Had enough of members Oppppss ONE PARTICULAR harassing me.

email address on my signature.
All the best.

Hi Robert,

Which is the best number to contact you and at what time? (I don’t want to bother you during any inspections). Thanks for offering to help our a new inspector like myself! Sincerely,
Jeff Scott

surespect@yahoo.com (e-mail)
561-386-4171

Numbers? All roads lead to Rome buddy.:wink:
You are in my Outlook files.
Get back to you this week.

Edit your control panel. I can not see were you are from Scot.