Fl SOP Draft

Just remembered today’s wind mit and 4 point for some fish in the future :slight_smile:

I think my combo talked them out of the house :slight_smile:

They came by this evening looking around in my neighborhood again.

What do you think will happen to their premiums when the reinspector sees the conditions represented in the attached photos and is using the new form. The flat areas not shown were not done with a permit either.

Come on all you liars tell me you are gonna crawl it. note my arm for scale. Do you think a reinspector crawls this sh-t?

DSCN3467.JPG

DSCN3471.JPG

I would not crawl it, there is no need to. I can get all the information I need right from there. I would only need an exposed nail.

what roof to wall conection can you see from there?

With the right equipment, I can see it and take a picture of it.

Greg, view it like code. In the event that a conflict in the wording is encountered the more stringent must apply!:shock:CODE OH MY GOD!

John, you are giving away priceless trade secrets likely to bankrupt your buisiness… please be careful.

Looks like toe nails to me…what did you find?

Yep!!! by now I am sure his worked out all the kinks from it…:mrgreen:

Preston,
The 1k fine is for a first offence, it’s 5k for subsequent ones!

Looks like there’ll be plenty to talk about at the meeting on the 14th & 15th

So I guess we have to look for cracked tile…I hope everyone knows that the panel and ALL panels need to be taken off electrical boxes, as in panels and sub panels. Have fun finding the service grounding here it’s usually either buried or within the concrete block wall.

It states numerous times about insulation missing, but then states we don’t have to enter the attic. I have yet to enter an attic and not distrurb the insualtion in one way or another.

Its going to be fun…wait until the Realtors see this! To me it includes a ton of cosmetic items, such as cracked tile, dead plants and trees.

HVAC…sweet it never mentions we have to turn it on! It says I dont have to when ambient air is wrong…but it never says I have to.

So according to them my HVAC will look like this

AIR HANDLER:

Present
Electrically operated/No fuel storage present
How vents, Flues and chimney belong to HVAC I have no idea
What do they consider a mechanical ventilation system? A whole house fan or a bath vent?
Radiant heat strips
Ductwork present
Electric Heat strips
15KW
Located within the attic

Can you damage a heat pump when the ambient air is too high?

So for the AC portion

Electric
Cooling method? As in what? Central AC?
Has an overflow

Man whoever wrote this is an idiot…I can see place after place it contradicts itself.

Roof…the absense of insulation in unfinished spaces at conditioned surfaces…WTF are they trying say? In the garage that is unfinsihed but air conditioned?

Walking will place any liability or danger on the homeowner or other representaitves involved in teh home inspection process?..Who come sup with this crap?

How do we contact the entitity that has the authority to approve this. This SOP is a freakin JOKE! Want proof…wait and see what happens when a homeowner sees a crack in a tile or a dead plant…WTF…

You are correct, I should shut my mouth sometimes.

Who is leading this SOP charge to the DBPR? Anyone know? I like the FL standard just the way it is. This standard goes right along with an ASHI checklist report which is a BS standard written by and for volume inspectors and has nothing to do with the house as a system.

This SOP should not be floated for comments, we should be talking about how to stop it dead in its tracks. Its a mess and an embarassment.

**Anyone who agrees should be writing a letter of protest to the state and to InterNachi demanding this be put on hold and a public committee be formed, of and by home inspectors, to establish a minimum SOP. This is backdoor BS once again. **

Adding insult to injury, the wording in some of the Statutory Violations are confusing and concerning. Look at:

832 (1)(g)…$1k fine for “incompetence”. What constitutes incompetence?

832 (1)(h)…$1k fine for failing to perform any statutory obligation

455.227(1)(k)…$1k fine for deceptive representation…that’s one way an insurance company can get back at you if they disagree and can prove you called a 6d an 8d

455.227(m)…practicing beyond scope of license. I’m thinking mold here.

455.227§…accepting and performing and/or delegating if not competent to perform. How do you know if you are competent to inspect all situations?

Again, who is leading this charge on our behalf? Do we have any support from InterNachi in this?

Thanks for posting this Bell.

Chandler

The SOP was written by Michael Rowan. It was passed on to the council for their input.

The SOP can be challenged with the state once it has been published.

NACHI provides no help on the state level. Everything is done by inspectors that it effects.

The only association that has provided any help or funds is NAHI.

Who is Michael Rowan? This standard is identical to the one ASHI has and is printed in the first chapter of Principles and Practices, 2nd edition that many schools use except it has been amended or bastardized might be a better word, to the point it is contradictory and useless as a legitimate tool.
**We, Florida, will be forever defending our role as an inspector and other states would laugh for a day if this edition is published as is. **
What do we need to do again to help chnage this and I am not sure I understand why we have to wait until it is adopted.
Thanks Men.

William,

Michael Rowan is the owner of Inspection Depot and a WCE.

There is a difference between being published and adopted.

The state will publish the SOP and give a time frame for objections. If there are no objections then the SOP will be adopted as written. If there are objections then the objections will have to be dealt with before adoption.

I hope that gives you a better understanding of the process.

I only find 5,000+ being the number for inspectors on the state list.
That’s enough!

I totally agree with you. That’s not to say that all the penalties allowed under statute could not be brought to bear by DBPR in the event that there was evidence of negligent, incompetent or fraudulent activities by the licensee in the performance of these services.

The license is the reason HIs are now allowed to perform these sevices. They (the legislators and insurers) wanted our skin in the game. I don’t see any get out of jail free card in the statute. If they were to determine that any license holder performed improperly and a complaint was filed I would expect DBPR to pursue the fines and possibility of license revocation and that would include any license held, including contractor’s, engineers, and architect licenses.

I could be wrong, I’d like to be wrong, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Greg:

I propose this:

Each inspector who does not agree with this SOP should write a letter to Richard Morrison, DBPR outlining their disagrement with each and every point of the SOP.

Each inspector should loudly object to the author of this SOP. First off, what does he really know about home inspection anyway? Sorry, but I don’t know what a WCE is…is that a Tallahassee term?

I think several hundred NO Thank You’s would be just as valuable as a lobbyist in stopping this train while we can collect a plan of action.

Also, I’ll go on record that I think InterNachi should offer some level of assistance in stopping the ASHI train in Tallahassee. Nick needs to support us by objecting to this SOP. We do not need the mess Texas has.

My letter will go out this week. Who else will agree to voice their disagreement in a letter to the DBPR?

As always, if someone has a better plan, I’m open as long as it kills this SOP entirely. That is unless you see the need to run a load of laundry as a required part of your inspection.

I just checked and the last cert # is HI5200, nice round # your results may vary as time proceeds.:roll: