Fl SOP Draft

The state is getting ready to publish the SOP. I have attached a draft copy of the rules. Please read and discuss any concerns you have here,

The SOP should be in effect within 90 days if it is not challenged.

Just an FYI, there are now over 7000 licensed home inspectors in the state.

I noticed that it is a $1000 fine if you don’t give the client a copy of your exclusions (inspection agreement) before the inspection.

Thanks, Greg.

[FONT=Times New Roman][size=2][FONT=Arial][size=3]61-30.813 General Limitations And Exclusions

I like 4(d) under this rule. Should take care of anyone offering a guarantee or warranty.
[/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][size=2][FONT=Arial][size=3]61-30.812 Site Conditions that affect the Structure

I think that sea walls should be added to number 2.
[/size][/FONT][/size][/FONT]

Thanks Greg, I took a quick look at pages 21 and beyond prety standard stuff. Thanks

Wow!
15 pages for the SoP!
Notice that appliances are now part of the home inspection.

I already inspect the appliances.

So do I and many others. Now, everyone will.

Real money maker there

How does this part coincide with work we perform on a 4-point?..

61-30.813 General Limitations And Exclusions
(3) Inspectors are not required to determine:
(b) The remaining life of any system or component.

or does this not apply when performing 4-point inspections?

Thanks,

Bert

Isn’t this the best?

Aren’t you all so happy we are now being told how and what to do?

Anyone who pushed for licensing is a fool.

Thanks again butt-wipes.

Not required doesn’t mean you can’t do it.

Mike, this is no different than it was. It is how everyone should have been doing it in the first place.

Wow. Any idea how many are conspectors?

I see your point Eric but it does seem a little bit contradictory no? Not “required” yet is “required” when performing a 4-point.

there was also a section I read, I need to go back and pull it, where it said basically we are not required to insert anything (voltage tester maybe) into an electrical device. How are we to determine reverse polarity etc… then? Doesn’t seem to make sense to me.

Not required again.

However, to wander further out into the field and say you ended up in court for a receptacle not being grounded and someone got shocked and you didn’t test it because the SoP said it “wasn’t required”, there is a “Standard of Care” which is what would anyone else do.
At which point, you would lose a lawsuit unless you could prove that no other inspectors were testing receptacles using tools designed to test receptacles.

I totally agree with you and personally will continue to do what I deem in my clients best interest. But, the question does arise as to what can come of this should you just check a “representative” quantity of receptacles as the SOP states and the one you didn’t check turns out to be the one that “shocks” the owner. Then, what does your insurance carrier make of that? Deny your claim due to you performing something not in your SOP? Just curious that’s all.

Bert

Looks pretty standard after a quick read through.

Interesting that under HVAC we have to report the BTUH or KW for heat, but nothing for cooling.