FLIR ONE, anyone using it?

I use a Protimeter Survey Master to scan around toilets. Works very good for that.

In post 18 you agree it would make a nice tool to use and agreed you would not advertising (tell people about it). This is what casued me to assume you would be keeping the use of the camera a private part of your inspection.

If clients or realtors have ever seen a professional thermographer and then see someone with a cell phone clip on… let me know which one they are impressed with the most. Just behing honest. Not trying to hurt anyones feelings.

If you contact FLIR and ask them where it says they recommend the FLIRone as an IR camera that can be used at a professional level for building inspection, I would like to see that. Just showing pictures on their web site is not the same thing. You might be surprised what you find out. Can you imagine the damage that can be done if 80x60 resolution does not meet the needs of a professional infrared inspection, but people think it does? Not trying to be mean here.

From my training and the RESNET standards, I seen that the 120x120 level is acceptable, but even then it is limited. Anything less would not be dependable.

I am trying to say this as soft as I can so I hope it is not to hard on your ears.

So far, I have told you my opinion. You have told me your opinion and added some personal attacks, but I can deal with that. No problem.

My motive was not to get you to take my class. I felt if I was direct and to the point you might not enjoy hearing it, but it is better to hear the truth than to get false kisses from someone being nice.

I hope you do well and best wishes.

That’s what I was thinking, using it to find things that I can’t see. But if I call it out I want to use it in my report. But I would take the proper training before using it.

Not that my opinion matters…

I can talk till I’m blue in the face around here.

What do you expect to obtain from this?

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss162/dandersen_02/ScreenHunter_02Jan121356.jpg

While I am teaching the second most important subject in Thermal Imaging (Thermal Tuning and Spacial Resolution) at the 2015 Inframation conference in Nashville on May 11, 2015, I promise to get my hands on this camera and determine if my expectations of this device for use by Building Inspectors is valid.

This scan is MFG approved. Some of you posted some scans that are equally worthless. It beats an IR thermometer. But that is about it for me at this point.

Oh look, did some one fart in their pants? No, wrong color…

ScreenHunter_01 Jan. 12 13.55.jpg

Yep here ya go
http://youtu.be/qQGgaI-BcI4

When you get the proper training you won’t want to use it.

Thats funny:)

Now this is truly fascinating.

Take a look at the resolution comparison photos at the FLIR link below.
Click on the Resolution Comparison link on the webpage.
Not much difference is there?

Sure in some highly specialized applications you might need high resolution, but for a home inspection? Not.

Not much difference in my opinion. All of them give you the same general idea of what’s going on.

I signed up for the android release. Looks like it will be pretty soon.

I went ahead and ordered one, :shock::shock::shock:

I just pray that the “Blow Back” predicted by a certain gentleman won’t muss my hair! :wink:

Would you mind including the Seek camera in your comparison?

What a fool.

This is from the link you posted.

http://www.flir.com/beforeafter/E4-Thermal-Only.jpg

Is the heat coming from within the breaker or behind the breaker? Does it matter? Even at low levels of heat, one would not matter and one would be a defect. Too bad there is not enough resolution to know what the defect is. There are several defects in a the electrical system that require more than seeing a blob of heat in order to understand the issue at hand. The temperature matters sometimes and sometimes not. Thanks for proving my point.

Please get some training before you lecture us. Sorry if that hurts. With all due respect you are wrong. Certain tools are required to do an infrared home inspection correctly and get dependable results.

Is running your business with cheap toys professional. Why is it that people just want to just try and get by. And then they cry when it don’t work. Don’t we blast the home flippers and weekend warriors for doing things cheap and tying to save money and in the long run it costs them.

What cracks me up is I know that everyone has spent more than this on a TV to watch football.

This is why people buy cheap toys (no training). Professionals should know better.

I’m sorry, but please send me whatever your smoking!

Do you have any clue the difference between direct and indirect scanning?

If you inspect a circuit breaker, it’s indirect.

If you inspect a water heater, it’s indirect.

If you inspect water intrusion, it’s indirect.

If you inspect insulation, it’s indirect.

If you inspect air leakage, it’s indirect.

If you inspect plumbing, it’s indirect.

If you inspect leaking shower pan, it’s indirect.

If you inspect HVAC airflow, it’s indirect.

If you inspect roof leakage, it’s indirect.

Building evaluation with infrared thermal imaging “is” a highly specialized application! Got it?

Why the hell do you think they made a BX camera for? A whole line of cameras just for building evaluation!

Obviously there are a lot of deeply entrenched opinions here which is what I expected.

I’ll try to keep this simple.

I believe that 80x60 resolution will identify water leakage around a toilet base in the subfloor. Yes or No?

I believe that 80x60 resolution will identify an overloaded circuit breaker. Yes or No?

I believe that 80x60 resolution will identify missing insulation in a wall. Yes or No?

I believe 80x60 resolution will identify moisture behind vinyl siding. Yes or No?

If it can do those things then I will have added to my abilities.

BTW - I don’t claim to be a thermographer although I will seek training now.

Just find it interesting that there is such anger here.

One last thing, it might behoove you to remember that FLIR invented this device
that you disparage so vehemently and they are marketing it as suitable for the work
environment. Guess FLIR is run by a bunch of dopes! :roll:
Gosh, none of you have FLIR cameras do you?

What a nit.

Its not what it can identify, its what you can identify. Have fun with that with a cheap toy.

I don’t think its anger, it called training and experience and you don’t get that with cheap toys that FLIR made for the teenage kids to have fun with and the drunks watching some one fart in a bar on Friday night.

Ken, call FLIR and ask them if it’s a cheap “toy”.
Like I say FLIR is marketing this as a tool that can be used in the workplace.

You’re saying you know more than one of the most respected IR manufacturers in the World? Good luck with that!