Free home inspection business MAKEOVER. Paid for by NACHI.

Originally Posted By: jdavidson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Sounds like some TLC show.

John Davidson

Heads Up Home Inspections

Morton, IL

Originally Posted By: jrooff

Sorry to here about the long haired, not as freaky as some I here, but still long haired. Never asked no one for nothing so you just leave this long haired country boy alone.

let me tell you it’s a long tail.

Just saving it for that great comb over look ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

I belive the actual lyrics go something like:

"I ain't askin' nobody for nothing, if I can't get it on my own.
You don't like the way I'm living, you just leave this long haired country boy alone"

![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Nick

I stand corrected. Still long haired but corrected.

The day after I started this thread I met NACHI member Earl Beahm in Atlanta. If Earl would agree to post all our communication here on this thread he’ll be our first newbie Jumpstart.

We'll do a veteran Makeover too.

I suspect we'll continue doing these one after another, provided we have volunteers.

Posting progress reports and all communication here will allow all to see what works and allow others to benefit by mimicking steps.

Nick

Groovy man icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted By: dbowers

Guys - We got any veteran home inspectors out in one of the strongholds of OTHER ASSOCIATION LAND, where a makeover might really blow the socks off the competition?

Originally Posted By: ebeahm1

Nick,

I appreciate the opportunity. I can’t wait to get started. All communications, and actions will be posted here as they occur.

You did a great job with your talk in Atlanta. Thanks again for all your help. We couldn't have asked for a better inaugural meeting. Who would have quessed we'd get 93 people?

Originally Posted By: mrose

Good Evening,

My congratulations to Nick on putting together such a worthwhile program and to Earl for being the 1st recipient.

I know Earl will make NACHI proud, the Atlanta Southeast chapter proud and he makes this old man proud.

We are all rooting for you.

Best regards,

--
Mike Rose
Cornerstone Home Inspection Co. LLC
Lawrenceville, GA

www.cornerstonehomeinspect.com

Well then let’s get going. I think education is first. Earl, what are you weakest at? HVAC? Electrical? What does the pie chart at the end of our online exam say about you?

Nick

Nick,

I pulled out my latest exam and I missed 4 questions. They were 2 on electrical, 1 on plumbing and 1 on HVAC. I guess that means I’m weakest on electrical.

One area that I planned to work on is getting code certified. Do you think that is important? Should I start on my continuing education there?

Please let me know what you recommend. I’m ready to do whatever it takes. Just point me in the right direction!

Earl

Here’s the first installment of “Operation Jumpstart”. As you already know I have been chosen to be the Newbie Makeover/ Jumpstart recipient. I will be posting progress from beginning to end(although, as we all know, an inspector’s educational and professional growth is never-ending).

I spoke with Nick today. He had asked what weak points the on line exam pointed out about me. I told him, believe it or not, I had only 4 questions wrong, 2 on electrical, 1 on plumbing and 1 on HVAC.(obviously I got real lucky!). We decided to begin my continuing education I will review all of the videos from the NACHI library.

I will also enroll in the Gwinnett Technical College Home Inspector Building Code Review course. This is a 10 week course to learn what is needed to pass the ICC Residential Dwelling Code Certification Exam. I will take the exam after the course is completed.

Nick is working on a brand new brochure for my business to help me get more inspections. I'll let everyone know how it turns out.
That's it for now,
Earl

Originally Posted By: rmoore

Earl…

Congratulations and best wishes...go get 'em.

I was wondering if you could post a little about your background and HI experience so we know the "starting point" so to speak.

--
Richard Moore
Rest Assured Inspection Services
Seattle, WA
www.rainspect.com

Originally Posted By: mcraig

Nick I would love to be the one picked for this but I am already using your business ideas and getting a little more business also I am a private person and I have enough of a fight here in Arizona trying to dethrone ASHI. icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_biggrin.gif

rmoore wrote:
Earl...

Congratulations and best wishes...go get 'em.

I was wondering if you could post a little about your background and HI experience so we know the "starting point" so to speak.

Richard,
Here's my background and HI experience.
Background: BS in Chemistry, 29 years in Chemical sales, worked as an electrician's helper, plumber's helper and roofer while I was going to college.
HI experience: Attended and graduated from the Gwinnett Technical College 30 hr Home Inspector Business Practices in 2003 and started Independent Inspectors Incorporated 6 months ago. The instructor of the course was Mike Rose. He is the president of the Atlanta chapter of NACHI and has been an enormous help in getting my business running in the right direction. Business has been very slow, but Mike has always encouraged me to hang in there and so I have!
So as you can see, my starting point basically is "at the beginning". Just like every other member of NACHI, we all had to start somewhere.

Earl, send me those pics of you and include EVERYTHING you can about yourself, not just inspection-related experience. I’m going to build you two different marketing plans using two different brochures.

One will be a general home inspection brochure.

Another will be the same, only Signature Service, priced higher for homes of distinction...(over $500,000). bla bla bla.... which we will market in your nearby hi-end markets.

Nick

Originally Posted By: dplummer

Earl, Congratulations! This is a great opportunity that Nick/Nachi has offered you. Your progress will be followed by us all. I’m excited to see the results. Best of luck ! DOUG

Originally Posted By: George Moomaw

I don’t much care for the man in charge.

But, I gotta admire the gonads.

A score of 9.999 out of 10 for creativity too.

This will be very interesting.

George

Originally Posted By: Guest

I’m happy for Earl, but I was a little shocked that I wasn’t picked.

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Chad,

You're not a member of NACHI. That may have contributed a bit as to why you wern't considered. Like te NY Lottery says... "You've gotta be in it, to win it."

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."