Originally Posted By: dkanakis
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.
well this is my first time up here at the boards and i hope someone can offer some sort of an answer.
Almost always, i’d say 90% of the time, here in the new york area, when i come across a furnace - the ductwork is never insullated. However the other 10% of the time i see usually fiberglass insullation on the ductwork. Is it supposed to be insullated for the obvious reasons or is there a downside to insullating ductwork. Usually the ductwork im talking about is for heat only, though i have seen the same situation with quite a few systems which have both heat and a/c through the same ducts.