Furnace ventin

Can anybody help me with the infor about the furnace vneting system. is there a new code out there? if yes then what are the details?
I would appreciate if I can guided to a web site or any other documentaion…


Here are some links on furnace ventin ;):wink:

Here are some links on furnace ventin :wink::wink:


Duplicate post from Can. members forum

Here you go Arshad.

Effective August 1, 2007, the Technical Standards & Safety Authority (TSSA) has adopted new national code requirements regarding the installation of plastic venting systems for gas burning appliances such as water heaters, boilers and furnaces. This new regulation mandates that any new or replacement appliance installation must be completed with a venting material which is marked and complies with the new standard ULC S636 piping rather than unmarked PVC, CPVC or ABS piping which has been used for many years. This new code requirement has been adopted by all provinces across Canada and applies to every home in Ontario. Learn more from a Customer Letter (PDF)† or Property Management Letter (PDF) providing further details on how the new requirement may affect your equipment.