Has IR helped your business?

Charley if you did, I probably would take it. Learning from people who actually make a great living doing it, one can learn a ton.

Russell my post was a joke all kidding aside anyone that wants to know how I market my IR all they have to do is call me I like to talk and I charge no money

Charley I am NOT joking. It may be something you want to consider doing. Having the Thermal Infrared education is one thing. Running a successful thermal infrared business is something totally different! Consider it, and then consider me a pupil. Your tireless effort to educate and help others at no cost is very admirable and I would much rather learn and pay a level III thermographer who actually makes a good living at thermography.

Russell I was a instructor with a class room setting in the Navy for 3 years and enjoyed that duty. My Level ll IR instructor suggested I apply for a teaching position with FLIR and that he would recommend me. At my age I have no desire for that. I am in the process of adding another segment to my IR business. Also working with Dale and some of the top NACBI IR guys in the US. We as a group have been known to help most anyone that shows a desire to learn. There is more to life than just money I personally enjoy being around motivated people that want to be successful and will do what ever I can to help time permitting

I say Charlie Teach.

Agents here recommend the inspector who is less likely to alarm the home buyer, and will say anything to a home buyer to get them NOT to hire the veteran or IR-carrying inspectors.

If you are under $199, you are getting all of the home inspections here. Termite checks are $25 or free, and radon is $75 and that fee is returned if you hire the company to do the radon mitigation. If the home owner has to pay for mitigation, the radon testing company returns the fee to the home buyer or the person who paid for it. IR here is nothing but a scare tactic to the agent.

“IR is something that there is no rule or regulation on, and is unproven to be accurate. IR testing is a waste of money. My inspector can do a state certified home inspection for $199, and I got a termite guy who is at $25, or even his fee will be free if he finds termites and does the treatment. My radon person does them for $75, which is about half the price of most other companies.”

If you are a home buyer, how can you turn down that statement from your real estate agent?

Geez talk about winners and losers Same old negative BS do you have anything positive in your life. If I lived in KC rather than Bohunk Okla I would make you a bet of $1000.00 against a dog torpedo and I would hold the stakes in my mouth that I could make IR work in KC:shock::shock:

Charley it’s is a TON easier to blame failure on someone or something else.

That would be a true and correct statement it would almost be worth while for me to move to KC just to prove him wrong but its not going to happen

Matter of fact I will be in Kansas latter part of this next week or the beginning of the next week for some IR set ups and will be looking at a new ride will post some pic when available

What a coincidence…I also am looking at a new ride…hopefully it will come to fruition within the next couple of weeks…

Mine comes with a chauffeur:D;-)

Mine does too…kinda…I will also post pics when I get it (Hopefully)

Gary -

Saturday I did a home inspection on a south KC house that got a new radon system 5 months ago FROM the $599 radon mitigator.

It was real impressive UNTIL I tested the GFCI outlet on the radon fan in the attic. It sparked, went off and would NOT reset. When I got out of the 2nd floor attic, I discovered it had also killed the power to the master bath whirlpool, the kids 2nd floor bedroom light, the 2nd floor hall bath exhaust fan, and the garage overhead garage door outlets.

The Realtor and Buyer said HOW CAN THIS BE / I politely explained this is the difference between a $599 radon system installer and a $1,150 mitigator.

The system is 4 months old / Shame that the radon licensing didn’t go into force until July 1st … If he’d been licensed in April then I’m sure this would NOT have happened.

By the way, did 3 IR inspections this week. One was on a 1,400sf house using my new marketing Tool / Inspection Package #4:

Decided to Try Russel & Charlies Tactics

#4 - The TOTAL HOME CARE Inspection Package****
· Home Inspection (w/90 day warranty)
· Termite Inspection (w/90 day warranty)
· Radon Sampling (w/electronic monitor)
· Mold Sampling (3 samples & Fed Exp Lab Delivery)
· IR Scan of the Interior Finished Walls
· CO2 Sampling at Furnace / Water Heater
· Compu-Level Slab Survey
· Combustible Gas Line Leak Check
· Re-Inspection of Repairs (1 Time / to 5 Items)
· Maintenance Walk-Thru Follow-Up at 6 Months
· 240 Page Homeowner Maintenance Manual
· Lifetime Homeowners Consultation on House
** Normally $1,480 - -** Get A $195.00 Discount

[RIGHT][RIGHT]** $1,285.00 ********* [/RIGHT]
[RIGHT]
**[/RIGHT][/RIGHT]

There are several of these types that don’t work up here in KC… There are quite a few who do work at very reasonable rates and are quite busy… not like a few years ago, but still busy, whereas I am busy and a structural intgrity inspection is a major part of the Energy Audit process…

Hmmmm. Free home inspections, eh? Hard to compete against free.

Yep, do you need one? I have an opening for next Thursday morning the 22nd of September @ 8:30 a.m. . Let me know and I will pencil you in. Once I receive your pre-payment for the Comprehensive Diagnostic Energy Audit, I will firm-up your appointment on my schedule Calendar for that time.

CLICK HERE](http://www.solargreenenergygroup.com/special-offers.html) or CLICK HERE for Pricing](http://www.solargreenenergygroup.com/fees.html)

Thank you for your inquiry!

I have the perfect job for you they are hiring at Lowes and or Home Depot surely you would be able to trap someone in those big isles that would not mind listening to you whine;-):wink:

You’re right. That is why *(http://www.missouricertifiedenergy.com/missourihomeinspection.php)

When purchased without an energy audit, they are still a bit higher than most of the inspectors in my area. That makes the free inspection with the audit an even better deal; particularly since a home’s energy efficiency is now a part of the appraisal process and will soon be advertised as a selling point for the home when the Home Energy Score system comes out next year.

Used house salesmen, however, are not all that excited about having even more information for their buyers to digest. If you depend upon them for your business, you might want to stay away from this.*

I use a moisture meter a lot during a home inspection if I suspect a water intrusion in a home. Most Realtors do not know what a moisture meter is because their inspectors they use do not own one. If a moisture meter scares Realtors in Missouri, imagine what a thermal imagining camera does.
You guys have not done any marketing until you done them in the middle of the Midwest. The rest of the markets in the U.S. seems easy pickings to me. Sad but true.