Noticed heavy discoloration of the buss connector at the main disconnect at today’s inspection. Looks like excessive heat caused this to me. Also, if you look closely at the feeders you can see where the anti-oxidant grease has run down from the connections and even dripped onto the conductors at the dryer breaker. This also leads me to believe that there were some pretty high temps inside this panel. If you look at the ungrounded buss below the connections (i.e., the portion where the breakers attach) that section of the buss looks clean and shiny.
I did shoot this with the IR camera and none of the components were excessively hot at the time.
The client has a friend who is a master electrician and he will be doing a follow-up on this.
Any other thoughts on this?