Help with Exhaust vent and combustion vent clearance questions

I inspected a new construction today with some questionable exhaust and combustion air venting that I need some advice with.

First issue is with the combustion air supply. My understanding is that a utility room supplied with outside air must have a vent near the ceiling and also one near the floor. The home today had only one vent near the ceiling supplying all combustion air for a high efficiency furnace and a high efficiency water heater. See attached pic

Second is on the outside of the structure where the WH and the furnace exhaust exits the home and are very near the intake vent for the combustion supply. The left side is for the WH and is hard to see in the pic, but it has an elbow that extends it above the intake vent, it also has a vent screen in the end. The one on the right is just barely a stub and does not have any type of screen, a wasp was currently building a nest within. My understanding is the combustion supply and exhaust vent should be a min 18" and max 36" apart and a combustion supply should be 7" away from the exterior. These are all quite close to each other and also very close to the gas main. They are also barely 12" off the serface and does not account for any snow cover, which in CO is foolish and naive. See attached pics.

HVAC is not my strongest suit and I cannot find a definitive answer. Rules are also based on manufacturers requirements so it may be just fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Your questions are code questions, and codes are always local, but having said that, you are correct in your concerns.

Where I am, the HE water heater and furnace would be required to be direct vented, each would have their own combustion intake as well as exhaust. I believe most manufacturers say intake and exhaust should be separated by at least 12 inches.

Manufacturers installation instructions should be considered to have precedence over code, because codes may not have been updated for newer technology or products. A builder who does not follow manufacturers instructions will say he (or she) does not have to because code does not require it, but that is bogus. Not following installation instructions may void manufacturers warranty, and will probably shield the manufacturer from lawsuits etc., when things go pear shaped. In other words the guy left holding the bag can only sue the shoddy builder. In most cases manufacturer’s instructions exceed code requirements.

The room doesn’t appeared to be sealed and so it would be using intrepid air and exterior.

Yes seems low and could be a problem
The WH seems to be direct vent
Not sure the other hole