Help with thermal image from encapsulated crawlspace

Click on his name in the thread. This should pop-up. If you do not have the message button it is because you have not earned this trust level yet.

1 Like

His trust level is browser, I don’t think he is able to PM, but we can PM him.

1 Like

I do not believe Non-Member Guests are allowed to directly message Members.

2 Likes

I just received a direct PM from " nwhite9 Non-Member Guest". :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Are you sure it was from the MB, and not indirectly through the Internachi website messaging system? They are two different systems.

Yes, he was responding to me from the message board.

what i see
what i see

What am i am trying to figure out is if we have a leak in the crawlspace

Again… it all begins with being able to see what you actually have to work with…

1 Like

Is your floor structure damp/wet? Is there water atop the vapor barrier? Have you uncovered any areas that are concealed?

An anomaly in an IR photo means little with no other information.

2 Likes

Delete the one you have posted, (as it’s mostly useless without a lot more info), and post a high-def overview photo in it’s place!

1 Like

Where do you see moisture in the IR? Does it feel wet? Signs of running water? What does your moisture reader indicate?

Over the years, I have learned a lot from Dave, even when I disagree.
I am more interested in what Dave Anderson thinks about the OPs photo and question.

1 Like

We have a smell from the crawlspace and is not so called encapsulation cat pee. I would say it smells wet. I will try to delete and add more pictures maybe it will help. It is the smell. Moisture earlier it was 45%. It is set to 51%.

@Dave not sure how to reach you. Please i am trying to figure this out.
Another thing it seems like after the rain it get worse and not im thinking maybe the grading around the house need to be corrected as maybe the water in going into the crawlspace.

The encapsulation no water or stain

The problem is that you can’t see what you can’t see. I asked a couple of questions such as is your floor structure wet? Is there water atop the vapor barrier?

Properly installed, the vapor barrier does not let water or vapor through. But, water could be between the barrier and foundation or soil. So how is the vapor barrier sealed along the top perimeter? Gases can escape there and stink, especially if you have sewage between the barrier and the ground. That transition strip or seal along the top is important.

Sewer gases can also escape thru a dry p-trap or other plumbing issues. Animals or rodents, especially dead ones. Rats and mice have a very acrid smell at one stage of decomposition.

I know you want your IR image analyzed, but it is only one piece of the puzzle.

10 photos would be starting point.

1 Like

Fixed! :no_mouth:

1 Like

Thanks for shining up my turd :grinning:

1 Like

There are people that do that…and make money doing it. :no_mouth:
turd

1 Like

I’m sure you do.
Currently I spend my days analyzing thermal imaging scans for drone pilots and engineering companies that have the equipment but not the diagnostic capabilities. It is a rather pricey service, so I’m somewhat reluctant to just fling it on out there these days anymore. It just seems to empower idiots.

If you have a specific issue you would like to discuss, whether it is your issue or something someone else brought up, drop me a private message and I will more than likely be willing to assist, and at no charge! :wink:

Good day.

3 Likes

Well, This throw some more crap at this. Is there a crack in the concrete slab? If so, the dehumidifier could be drawing smelly ground moisture up through the crack? :thinking:

2 Likes