Colorado inspectors, auditors, and contractors can now provide Home Energy Scores to their clients.
There are two qualification requirements:
1. You must be a member of InterNACHI; AND
2. You must be either BPI-certified or RESNET-certified.
If you’re qualified, email Ben Gromicko at email@example.com.
Please include (required):
- Full name (must match your name on the BPI or RESNET certificate);
- Email address;
- Expiration date of BPI or RESNET certification;
- Business name;
- Phone number;
- Full business address;
- Proof of BPI or RESNET certification (in PDF format); and
- Proof of InterNACHI membership.
After we receive from you the required information (above), you’ll receive instructions on what to do next, including receiving:
- confirmation from the U.S. Department of Energy Home Energy Score Team;
- instructions on accessing online training about building science (likely a review for you); and
- access to take an exam about the Home Energy Score.
What is a Home Energy Score? Visit http://homeenergyscore.gov/.
InterNACHI is a U.S. Department of Energy Home Energy Score Partner at
Not BPI or RESNET certified?** No problem. As a member of InterNACHI, you are fully-qualified to provide Home Energy Reports to your client. Write a report for your client now at http://www.nachi.org/home-energy-inspection.htm