Home Inspector monitoring in Quebec

Tel que mentionner auparavant, tu devrais diriger tes questions au site suivant: http://internachiquebec.org/contact-us/

Back to the link pointing and without a BOD answering a provincial members question, let alone anyone’s questions, on the open form.

May I HIGHLY recommend reading InterNACHI’s COE?
Duty to the Public
The InterNACHI member shall abide by the Code of Ethics and substantially follow the InterNACHI Standards of Practice.
The InterNACHI member shall not engage in any practices that could be damaging to the public or bring discredit to the home inspection industry.
The InterNACHI member shall be fair, honest and impartial, and act in good faith in dealing with the public.
The InterNACHI member shall not discriminate in any business activities on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, familial status, sexual orientation, or handicap, and shall comply with all federal, state and local laws concerning discrimination.
The InterNACHI member shall be truthful regarding his/her services and qualifications.
The InterNACHI member shall not:
have any disclosed or undisclosed conflict of interest with the client;
accept or offer any disclosed or undisclosed commissions, rebates, profits, or other benefit from real estate agents, brokers, or any third parties having financial interest in the sale of the property; or
offer or provide any disclosed or undisclosed financial compensation directly or indirectly to any real estate agent, real estate broker, or real estate company for referrals or for inclusion on lists of preferred and/or affiliated inspectors or inspection companies.
The InterNACHI member shall not release any information about the inspection or the client to a third party unless doing so is necessary to protect the safety of others, to comply with a law or statute, or both of the following conditions are met:
the client has been made explicitly aware of what information will be released, to whom, and for what purpose, and;
the client has provided explicit, prior written consent for the release of his/her information.
The InterNACHI member shall always act in the interests of the client unless doing so violates a law, statute, or this Code of Ethics.
The InterNACHI member shall use a written contract that specifies the services to be performed, limitations of services, and fees.
The InterNACHI member shall comply with all government rules and licensing requirements of the jurisdiction where he or she conducts business.
The InterNACHI member shall not perform or offer to perform, for an additional fee, any repairs or associated services to the structure for which the member or member’s company has prepared a home inspection report for a period of 12 months. This provision shall not include services to components and/or systems that are not included in the InterNACHI Standards of Practice.
Duty to Continue Education
The InterNACHI member shall comply with InterNACHI’s current Continuing Education requirements.
The InterNACHI member shall pass InterNACHI’s Online Inspector Exam once every three years.
Duty to the Profession and to InterNACHI
The InterNACHI member shall strive to improve the home inspection industry by sharing his/her lessons and/or experiences for the benefit of all. This does not preclude the member from copyrighting or marketing his/her expertise to other Inspectors or the public in any manner permitted by law.
The InterNACHI member shall assist the InterNACHI leadership in disseminating and publicizing the benefits of InterNACHI membership.
The InterNACHI member shall not engage in any act or practice that could be deemed damaging, seditious or destructive to InterNACHI, fellow InterNACHI members, InterNACHI employees, leadership or directors. Accusations of a member acting or deemed in violation of such rules shall trigger a review by the Ethics Committee for possible sanctions and/or expulsion from InterNACHI.
The InterNACHI member shall abide by InterNACHI’s current membership requirements.
The InterNACHI member shall abide by InterNACHI’s current message board rules.

Poor way to share information.
Poor way for InterNACHI members to share opportunities.

Thanks Marcel.
Looks like I will not join again.

WAFI!!

Looks like you need to direct your questions to them to get information - Here is the link to the site: http://internachiquebec.org/contact-us/

If you have done this and they are not replying, you have your answer about whether it’s a good fit for you or not.

If you are attacking without even having contacted them, what is your goal?

There is obviously a communication disconnect and we are very much looking forward to your feedback so as to get to the bottom…

More to come obviously?

Thank you, Patrick.
Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
I certainly miss the great input you offered InterNACHI members. I respect what you accomplished and hold you in high regards.

Partick, I have, as well as other new Quebec InterNACHI members, are directed to a the robot link.

The answer I received, was of no value to myself.
Personally, I was shocked by the founders reply here at InterNACHI prime.

Yes I feel there are Communications issues and hope this can be resolved.

I concur. As you know, I have not joined.

The frustrating thing here is, there appears to be a lack of transparency & open communications. That affects/reflects upon InterNACHI prime.

With all due respect, no I am not Patrick.
I have contacted the founder several times. Even replied to misdirected emails sent to me, a non member.
No replies.

When the founder replies here, at InterNACHI prime, the answers are condensed and illusive.

Marcels typical insults are typical for Marcel Gratton. Ha ha ha.

I want to know about, as well as other Quebec InterNACHI members, what the chapter is about, whom is the BOD, and what they stand for in the industry. Only then can one see if the chapter is a good fit or not as you put it.
Patrick, I have helped InterNACHI Quebec by asking members to join.
Even directed InterNACHI members to vote G. as member of the year HERE PATRICK. At InterNACHI prime.
Members were emailed from InterNACHI prime.
Open communications is a prerequisite for success.

But when I see chapter membership counts, that really do not add up, I am disappointed.
I am sure it would not be a beneficial question to ask on the robot link.
“That along with several other questions I have.”

Transparency and communications are vital.

Much thanks Patrick.:slight_smile: Your the best!
As you know, InterNACHI was built on a communications principle, “As Iron Sharpens Iron, One Person Sharpens Another.”
A willingness between members to share through open communications.
I hope everything turns out for the best.

Hopefully yes.
Hopefully the young Quebec InterNACHI chapter will be transparent enough to answer basic questions through open communications on NA InterNACHI portal to grow the InterNACHI Quebec chapter we all can be proud of.

Thanks for your post Pat.
I apologize if I offended you in any way.
Sure miss you friend. :frowning:

It appears then this chapter is not for you and it’s time to move on. Bashing them or any other Association on this MB is unproductive.

You’re wasting your time Patrick, it was his intention from the start to criticize them. That is what Robert Young does; he is a troublemaker and history proves it!

Mr. Gratton, your sneyd cynical remarks are legendary at InterNACHI and other MB’s home inspectors contribute to.
Your equation to valid questions, ***cynicalism, conspiracies and insults.

Sir, I asked to be taken from the roustor more than once.
I am not a InterNACHI Quebec member. I am a Quebec InterNACHI member.

By selecting all InterNACHI members in Quebec without asking and awaiting a reply such as mine is to be expected.
Learn to deal with this please.
I am not a number and have been to all Quebec’s resources touting InterNACHI and the industry LONG before this chapter was even a thought.

I do not remember any InterNACHI Quebec or Quebec InterNACHI members voting the founder for the member of the year, but certainly received an email from the founder thanking me, and more by the way.
All saved…

In my books, its a two way street.
From my meeting with G. he does not reciprocate that way. Hubris I suspect.
No issues. His choice.

When I had a chapter Mr Gratton, you where the first to installed your, cynicism and insults.
Remember Mr. Marcel Gratton?

I intrun asked questions that could have been answered professionally to appease any viewers.

Mr. Gratton, you confalt political intentions with association and educational beliefs.
Too bad bad. So, sad, you never learn to answer any question transparently because it sure beats whispering convoluted theories behind closed doors.

Learn by understanding, the world is global.
That’s what makes InterNACHI great.

Bye Bye Marcel Gratton.
Robert

It must be month end…

Gratton, what does that mean? Think about it.

Greet Nick Gromicko and others association members wives at a gathering like that.
Ask your wife what time of the month is it when they react to bad behaviour from you?

Smaller thinking men like you graton are rarely made.

Must be at least one female member at Quebec InterNACHI.

Well then its off to the Gilles one way blog to ask them to stop emailing me and putting me on the members list.

Patrick, your reply led me to believe you represent/ed the chapter in some way. That communications issues are being investigated for resolution.

Actually, I thought it was a welcome move, at first, but you do not grasp the gravity of the situation, so I retracted my initial thoughts.

Questions.
Why quote me?
When do sound questions become bashing?
When and why would involuntary enrollment be acceptable?

Please, put everything in the proper context.
1: I ask new members to join InterNACHI Quebec.
2: I initiated the first steps to have Gilles Larin voted member of the year.
3: I asked my involuntarily membership be removed from the chapter roster/list more than once.
4: I asked for the chapter BOD list to ask them questions, resolve issues, and possibly inject ideas voluntarily.
5: To this I get no personal reply, other than a link, and sneyd remarks from Marcel Gratton.

This appears to be how InterNACHI Quebec operates.
That is why I have not joined.

But I do share the insurance and was told there would be no caveats.
I will not voluntarily hand over a report, mock or otherwise, to an insurance company.

So now what happens InterNACHI Quebec?

Sure wish a BOD, or Gilles Larin could answer these simple but relevant questions on the interNACHI message board. Send me an email. You know you have my email address.

Best regards Patrick.
Robert

Federal Survey Finds 119 Million Americans Use Prescription Drugs.
And your point being?

It certainly appears you are very right and history is again being repeated - Nothing we’ve never seen before and we all know where most of the material is being generated…

I guess I foolishly decided to wear my “optimistic” hat…

A bientot Marcel! :smiley:

Me think that he ran out and is awaiting for his renewal…:wink:

Looks like you need to re-read what you posted:

1. You are being quoted as you have a history (which you’ve admitted!) of editing or removing posts.

2. Your “questions” are in fact an attempt to “stir it up” since this is something outside this MB - Again, a repeated practice on your part.

3. What is it that InterNACHI Quebec is doing to you? Sending you emails? having you on the roster as an InterNACHI Member? Are they asking you for money? Asking you for a spare body part? Seems you have a choice and are choosing to have stress.

Knowing full well where I live and operate, how did you come up with this fantasy???

Good for InterNACHI Quebec.

Just because you’ve been doing the same sh1t for years, doesn’t make it right. It’s good that someone cares enough to check.

Is this the way the founder of OntiaoACHI should be acting?

Too bad. So very sad.

Partick, ever find yourself registered unwillingly anywhere?

It does appear through, your chapter emails members not associated with your association. So I guess that is not a concern to you.

As well, the founder and yourself blatently disregruard COE cominication proitocal.
Len appears at it again.

To bad.
So, evry sad for the young association.

Hope things get better.
We at InterNACHI are all pulling for you.
inachi logo.JPG

Marcel Grtton.
Is there no end to your bottom?
Did your parents not teach you better?

First disparging wemen due to their biological chemistry, and now individuals that take medication.

Nearly 7 in 10 Americans Take Prescription Drugs, Mayo Clinic, Olmsted Medical Center Find. I am sure the same is true in Canada.

Marcel, you should review you COE.
The InterNACHI member shall not engage in any practices that could be damaging to the public or bring discredit to the home inspection industry.
The InterNACHI member shall be fair, honest and impartial, and act in good faith in dealing with the public.
The InterNACHI member shall not discriminate in any business activities on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, familial status, sexual orientation, or handicap, and shall comply with all federal, state and local laws concerning discrimination.

The InterNACHI member*** shall not release any information about the inspection or the client to a third party*** unless doing so is necessary to protect the safety of others, to comply with a law or statute, or both of the following conditions are met:
the client has been made explicitly aware of what information will be released, to whom, and for what purpose, and;
the client has provided explicit, prior written consent for the release of his/her information.

Interesting isn’t it.:roll:

There is more.
Please read here seeing it appears you have forgot.

So sad!