Home Inspectors, where are they?

I used to fish Walleyes on lac Seul

Here was tonight kitchen magic. :slight_smile:

mmmm looking good. Enjoy :slight_smile:

It’s Thai Yellow curry with potatoes, chicken, sweet potatoes, Vidalia onions, ginger, peppers and garlic.

My own creation. Yum yum. Hot enough to make you sweat but not so hot you can’t eat it.

I’m thinking of selling the recipe to Nathan. :wink:

The only time my life was much simpler, was in the 80s…I wish I could remember it.

As to the rest of it, apparently you have a memory problem, so I will give you a refresher.
Guns: In a perfect world, there would be no need for them and intelligent individuals would be able to resolve their differences civilly.
A great man once said, “Violence is the refuge of the ignorant”, to which I have added, “I am surrounded by refugees”.
If you want all of your guns, fine. I don’t and never have cared what others do as long as it doesn’t effect me. I don;t want to take your gun away, just as certainly as I don’t want you taking my wine away.

Political: I am a registered independent. I vote for who I think will do the best job for the greater good.

As for the current licensing situation, it does not cause me stress in the least. I have many who would gladly let me work under their license, if it ever came to that. I have always had a plan A, B,C, D, and sometimes E, for everything that I do. I got involved along with others and perhaps, things will change.
What did you do? What about Joe B? Larson? Bushart? Nick? Nada…nothing.

Lucky? Someone else once said, “You make your own luck” and I truly believe that.

I sincerely hope, that many of the home inspectors that are starting out or maybe have four or five years under their belts, get involved. The profession will be what you make of it.

Me too, I could care less of what happens in Tallahassee, that train left the station when Crist legitimized this farce we know as licensing. Besides, my business ain’t my only source of income. :wink:

Eric you are absoutely right. It will be what the new inspectors wants it to be in stead of what the older want. With out pointing any blame to any one , the new inspectors will have to decide what is best for them in the long run. It will be there choice for the path and procedures they take to make changes in this industry. Just because things in the past did not have the outcome most wanted, does not mean it does not have merit. Times are changing and new ideas are needed to bring this industry into the future.I am not implying everyone has to give up on what they are fighting for, you just need to advance to the present day with new ways and means if you want to win. I will help in any way I can ,except to do the same old thing that has not worked in the past. This term of legistation is near its end and there will most likely not be any successfull changes to what has already been proposed to the laws. I hope changes can be accomplished , but I do not see how that will happen. I do not see"1" an association for the Florida Home inspectiors who cares, and “2” there is no one to speak for the Florida Home Inspectors as a collective. If every inspector was to go and pee on a blade of grass in their own yard that was on fire, it would still be useless only one blade at a time. The forest fire is at the Capitol of Florida, and no one is there to pee on the fire.

***Self-Employed Americans At Record Low
***The percentage of Americans that are working for themselves has never been lower in the history of the United States. Once upon a time, the United States was a paradise for entrepreneurs and small businesses, but now bureaucrats that dominate our society have created a system that absolutely eviscerates them.
At this point, only about 7 percent of non-farm workers are self-employed. That is depressingly low. We are not fostering a spirit of entrepreneurship in America today. In fact, we seem to be doing everything that we can to kill it off.

John

What does legislation have to do with this?  This is the DBPR and legislation really has nothing to do with it.  Rick Morrison, Kathleen brown-Blake and mike Rowan are pretty much in charge.

This is exactly the reason we fail, we are ignorant of the process, me included. But for 4 nights I scoured the Internet, talked with some smart people and asked those I respect, asked then what can I do to help.

But here is the funny thing, ask people what they want and they can’t tell you. So how can one fight for something that you cannot articulate?

First tell me John what you dislike about the system, rules or law that you don’t like and then tell me 3 things you have done to change it. Most like, I don’t know for sure, but probably have done very little, like most and me included.

The new guys want to take over, then take over. Not a single person is stopping you. But you know what they ask? Well how is this done? What do we do now? They wait for an answer that never comes so they do nothing. When you gotta poop and don’t know where the nearest bathroom is, you ask. If no one tells you do you crap your pants and carry on with your day or do you find out where it is?

To me this legislation stuff is better if searched for. I can’t tell you how many times I have opened a code book and look for something very specific and ended up finding 10 other things I should now during my search. This fact finding mission has been the same.

What stuff has not worked in the past? Doing nothing, is that we have done, so yes, this is correct that will accomplish zilch.

Want someone to speak for you? Then find that someone. Find people of like mind, like ideas, get together talk and learn and fight for what you want. I don’t care what it is…fight for it. With today’s technology there is email, Skype, text, PM a crap loads of ways to get together and spead ideas and views and to find a solution.

Believe it or not, most people are not mind readers and have no idea what you want to do. If you want to do something bad enough then do it, not a single person CAN stop you.

Stop the blame game, your blame lies within you…want proof? You thought this was legislature…it’s not. It the DBPR making the rules. Know how I know? I spent 5 nights now after all the other work is done, talking to people, writing emails, calling them, and reading the Internet. It’s up to you, it’s your future and profession.

Want new guys to lead? Then lead…

Good luck Russel you need it more than anyone

Still not going to answer me about you selling you business huh Russell?

If I was wrong or full of c r a p I would guess you would say so. You always seem to say so when you disagree with me. Funny nothing being said now. I wonder why? Anyone else who knows what I am talking about care to speak up or are you all just going to sit there and pretend like I am full of it??

What is your next endeavor?

Just curious and wondering why I do not get an answer. I must be on your ignore list huh :roll:

For some reason you think my business and personal decisions are your “right” to know. Why is that? What makes you think I didn’t answer your question? Maybe that is the problem, people ask, get an answer and then want it freakin spoon fed to them.

And why is that John? Speak your mind. What makes you so angry? Because no one is breast feeding you? No one is putting John first? Welcome to the big boy club.

You were wrong on so many levels and refuse to admit it. Being wrong is not bad, being ignorant is not bad, but seek the informtion and do something.

Or we suppose to do it for you? Is that what you want? Complain, complain, complain but do nothing, speak to no one then complain its all messed up.

What exactly in the law is messed up in you view?

If you think our profession legislation is bad its because of YOU. The law is bad because YOU, if your business sucks its because of YOU.

Stop looking to blame this or that, if something is not going your way, it’s because of you. Get off the teet and make it happen.

Excellent…need the source. Copy and paste…send to your reps.

I totally agree with this. Someone told me you need a PHD to tell someone they have more than 10 sq feet of what appears to be a fungus amungst us.

E-mail sent Thank you

Sad to say that there are those here among us who don’t see each other as a membership of equal business people, but as potential employees.

Russell,

I have no right what so ever I am just curious as I have heard you have or are selling your business and yet you seem quite involved in the plight of the Home Inspection Industry.

I guess it must be because you are just such a nice, kind, caring guy.

Keep it to yourself I do not really care and could likly find out if I really cared. I was just curious.

Have a great time doing what you love. I hope you make enough to retire and ride off into the sunset never to be seen or heard from again. BUT I doubt that is your plan.

I’m thinking you must have a grand plan to make money off of Home Inspectors in some way to be fighting so hard for a biz that you are apparently not going to be doing after you help your folks with the transition.

Things that make you go HMMMMMMMMMMMM. :slight_smile:

Have a great weekend. I’m off to the gun show. Then I,'m going to look for those evil contractors and find out what the requirements are to join their org :slight_smile:

Just joking, I thought I was the only evil contractor out their.

As said before you asked and I answered…see posts #43.

Since I am partially financing this to my employees I would think the industry and its stabilization and future are of great concern. But you having no viable business, I can see why this is over your head…

You keep talking about my “evil” side. There are people who don’t want to own a business and want to work for someone else. From what I can see your a business owner, and making damn near nothing, my people make a great living and are very satisfied.

So me financing it, I must make sure it is and can sustain viability for years to come.

So before insinuating something sinister, check your facts.

So how does it feel to totally bankrupt a business your father built? Wanna play, let’s play… Don’t start no dookie, won’t be no dookie

Going to a gun show? Get more money from NACHI nickles?

You are once again proving yourself to be a fool and liar. No business I have ever been involved with has gone bankrupt. How your liars are not Slander i’ll never understand?

My business is not bankrupt either. There just is not any more substantial profit in doing stucco for major homebuilders. that is the facts. They only want the cheapest they can get away with. That has never been or never will be me.

When have I ever insinuated you are sinister? I am just curious as what your future plans are.

Just about every time we chat you either lie or try to twist things. The tons of cash I received from Nachi Nickles is long time ago spent on bills as I have previously stated. It was used for exactly the purpose it was given.

I’m going to the gun show to sell not buy, once again you know nothing. You are nothing more than a loudmouth internet punk who is and will continue to make money off of the labor of home inspectors. Nothing wrong with doing it just acting like you are doing anyone a favor is a joke.

I just want to see you ride off into the sunset so I do not ever have to hear your slander filed lies anymore. I would file a complaint against you for your blatant lies and obviously trying to hurt another member financially by discrediting them but I know that the Ethics committee and you are both very similar, useless.

Don’t go away mad just go away :slight_smile:

O yea, I forgot your conglomerate stucco empire is booming, so you decided to get into wind mitigation inspections and home inspections just because your a philanthropist.

Sweet that is awesome your gonna sell some firearms, that would be awesome to start giving back to the charity that helped you out so graciously…that is awesome.

Thanks