Hot PIC of consumer with big "We'll Buy Your Home Back" Guarantee check.

Nice

Looks like a nice family. The puppy looks really happy.

Great advertising well done NACHI

Love it.

Great job Nick!
Now… how are you going to put that to work???

Right now it’s only a pic on a MB! It’s not advertising unless it is made public.

Nice! Nick, is that a photo we can use to advertise the guarantee?

Yep, all yours.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

Its great PR for iNACHI and using a NACHI inspector thats in the “Buy Back Program”, and it makes me really happy for the homeowner and proud of our group

But like a lot of us / I’m kinda curious … Did the 1st inspector miss the movement all together; under state it; OR was it hidden and just showed up later OR ???

I am curious as well Dan
Allowing us to see the first inspection report would provide concrete answers. Right now it’s a nice dog and pony show.
Did the buyers really have remorse, or did the first guy just mess up?

Sean …

My thoughts also.

Participating in programs such as this, or offering free warranties, free radon testing, free termite checks, free recall checks on appliances, to me projects a false sense of security to the home buyer, that the inspectors job is not complete.

I would like to know the details of this situation as well. I personally would never volunteer in these type programs as for me it feels like a dog and pony show. Or it feels like a the customer may be more concerned with fluff or fillers. It just doesn’t to quite seem to ‘‘fit’’ for this industry. I just think our industry needs to be similar to appraisers in the since that they are hired for one singular focus, appraising the home. Home inspectors should be hired to simply inspect the home. I just don’t think we need to peddle in 100’s of different services or make other vendors wealthy off the backs of us. Some vendors are absolutely needed and a blessing.

Just my opinion. I’ve been extremely successful in doing what I do. You don’t need any of these programs or to sell 3rd party vendor services to be very successful in this industry.

But to each their own. Do what works for you. Perhaps if we or I had more details, I would have a different perspective about the ‘‘back your home back’’ program.

Neither. It was a structural issue that caused the buyer’s remorse that caused them to want out. There is a thread on it here: We bought another home to honor a "We'll Buy Your Home Back" Guarantee. If anyone... - Legislation, Licensing, Ethics & Legal Issues - InterNACHI®️ Forum which includes comments from the consumer. Luckily for everyone (inspector, agents, buyer) the inspector was a participating member in the Buy-Back program. Instead of suing each other, everyone is happy.

It’s as much a sales tool for agents as it is a marketing tool for inspectors.

Absolutely agree Ray. Everything that you mentioned above, and more, are all contributing factors as to why the public is perceiving Home Inspections as a COMMODITY thus bastardizing the industry.

They way to avoid being commoditized is to distinguish yourself in your marketing and offer something or be something that your competitor don’t and aren’t. This is true for all businesses everywhere, not just the inspection business. InterNACHI didn’t become the biggest, best inspection association by offering only what other associations offered.

Having said that, do be careful. You only want to increase the value proposition of your inspection services with programs that cost less to you, than your value proposition is increased by. In other words, don’t spend $50 to increase the perceived value of your home inspections by $30. I could come up with dozens of such offers and inspectors would probably buy into them, but they wouldn’t have a net positive effect on their bottom line. There aren’t many things in our industry that cost less than the value they add to your inspection services. www.nachi.org/buy at $5.00 is one of them. www.nachi.org/now at $2.70 is one of them. Not too many others. Think frugal when considering them.

In all fairness Nick according to the home buyer it was a structural issue “which was not reported” by the first inspector.

http://www.nachi.org/forum/f2/home-buy-back-guarantee-100396/#post1365654

Correct. I’m not convinced he had a duty to find this defect, but you are correct, it was not found.

But unlike most issues where there is an argument over whether or not the inspector had a duty to find a particular defect, the Buy Back Guarantee kicked in before a fight even had a chance of starting… and all for $5. Everyone came out a winner.