How many splices in Panel

Splices

Conductors must be spliced or joined with splicing devices identified for the use or by brazing, welding, or soldering with a fusible metal or alloy.

Soldered splices must first be spliced or joined so as to be mechanically and electrically secure without solder and then be soldered.

All splices and joints and the free ends of conductors must be covered with an insulation equivalent to that of the conductors or with an insulating device identified for the purpose.

Wire connectors or splicing means installed on conductors for direct burial must be listed for such use.

Joe I tried to email you something earlier today and It just got bounced back now! I tried the comcast account…

Can you send me a note at HomeIguy@sbcglobal.net so I can send you the questions I had…

I received your message and questions and I replied.

joetedesco@comcast.net

Thanks Joe,

Got it. Good point on the meter… I bet this is a tenant meter… This is one big building…16 floors Basement common area has some serious behind “cage” electric equipment. I will send you pic… Not sure of what it is…

It’s called out anyway so this for my own brain fill.

Please start a new thread and post the pictures to avoid confusion among the troops here.

You sure find some strange stuff there in Chicago land.

You mean some inspectors…right;-)

Well good news:D The electrician passed the installation. He did say he did not like the way that it was done but it was not a code violation. I am moving on to the next inspection. Thanks to all that responded.

Spencer</IMG>

Joe, as you know, the FPN is informational only.

110.12 is basically unenforcable in a court of law. It can be written on a job, but if a contractor decides to fight it, the inspector will lose that one.

So then you allow this type of work when inspecting jobs?

The concealed sleeve is still a violation, and should have been cited, its too bad we have lost some of the real and true mechanics, but instead now we have to deal with out of a trunk hacks and bootleggers who have no clue about the way in which a mechanic does their work!

%between%

How’s your electrical contracting business going, Joe?

Not in today’s rat race! I am very comfortable doing what I am doing, and would not want to have to deal with the competition!

I think that electrician’s are very smart, and most are probably around 30-35 years old.

Maybe some day, when they are an old guy they too will laugh at those who think they have all of the answers!

You should try inspecting installation’s for a while. :wink:

That’s a terrible shame! This electrician, is he licensed in Texas, and does he do that type of work, what and joke!

At least you got him to get the monkey off your back, I still think that the work is defective, and in the event of a fire or other hazard in that place they will ask questions, again you are safe and can continue to go about your business.

I think you’re confused.

I’m pretty sure that guy is 37. :mrgreen:

That makes me 30 years older than he is, I wonder how the big gash on his head is feeling now?

I think he really is my friend, and he has broad shoulders too, and has in the past agreed with me.

Sometimes he has another opinion, and that’s OK - we just have to put our thoughts together and think about how we would do the job and avoid being criticized.

On another note, do you really think that the original image here was all that was wrong in that house, I know what your answer will be, and we can just scratch our heads and move on. :slight_smile:

Wow. When I’m 67, I hope to have days that consist mostly of taking long naps.