How to Recognize a Soft Home Inspection Report by Jim Bushart.

I Russell J. Hensel, am not an alarmist and will tell EVERYONE that.

Why? Because I am competent at my profession. I DO go in EVERY attic that will physically allow me to. I will WALK every roof I am physically able to. I will go well beyond the SOP to perform each and every aspect in the best manner I know.

Being an ALRMIST has nothing to do with anything. I feel the incomeptence and lack of getting into the attic not walking on roofs and not checking AC is what hurts the industry more than anything.

People may not be alarmist, but how can you be when you really inspect nothing? Pretty easy to be a hard *** when you don’t go into the attic, don’t walk on the roof and turn the AC on and off and say, yep it blows air.

I give them just the facts! Do you tell them, I didn’t walk the roof, go into the attic or really check the AC, or is that “report” information. If I paid someone good money to “inspect” the home I will assume these items were inspected, if not I will tell them to pound sand and sue me for the money.

Soft report, hard report is just a bunch of BS. If I write it and people use me, its a good report. If not then its a soft report. What a bunch of BS

So just lie to people and your OK. Pretend your something your not. GREAT advice. Anything else we should know?

Could you be anymore clueless?

I don’t think so.

Perhaps you could try to show your intelligence by taking some point of Jim’s article and showing the rest of us how wrong it is from your perspective.

I think Rusty’s still hurt from when Jim exposed Rusty as a used house salesman puppet.
Hurt people, hurt people.:stuck_out_tongue:

Ah nuts, I hoping to learn something.:frowning:

The above is one example. Most here in South Florida give estimates and always have. I have since day one.

One of the first questions asked when something is found wrong, is, “How much will this cost to fix”?

If you like, I can go back to being a mechanic, you can bring your car to me with something wrong and I’ll just fix it…then just write me a check for whatever it costs.
It is illegal to do that in Florida for a reason.
The rest of the blog is similar bs. There is no such thing as a soft report. Inadequate would be the proper term.

Is your name russell?

What a small man you have become.

Lets start with the term “used house salesman”. I think most in the professional Real Estate market would find the term deragatory. If you think it is an accurate account, then please use it in your marketing and websites.

Notice the author is not in the Inspection business anymore. Coincidence?

Balancing the report does not sound “balanced” at all. Sounds like your looking for the defects ONLY. I am performing a professional and unbiased evaluation of the house. If things are good, they are reported, if things are bad they are reported. To me that is BALANCED. Unless there is another definition of the word I am unaware of.

Under the same paragraph, most inspectors should NEVER EVER take anothing into account. Assume nothing. But maybe that is just my view.

Mentioning defects in between flowery statements? Such as? Light doesn’t work, change bulb as first means to cure? Is that flowery? Or should we say.

Light is non operational and leave it at that? Or should we say, light did not operate, call licensed electrician? What is considered flowery?

Many assume that people know as much as you or even a LITTLE bit. Many dont know crap and want to know is it a BIG problem or is it a LITTLE problem. Some would say that is not for me to decide, but I can ask what do you consider little and what do you consider big and ADVISE them from there, if known. I AM THERE TO HELP them, not confuse them.

How dumb is the code statement? So all your reports are written that the shingles should be renailed, the sheathing should be renailed, all interior circuits need to be arc fault interupted, all stairs should have child safety gates, all cabinets should be child safety locked?. When and where does it stop? I am not there to tell them avery possible safety upgrade.

But now here is the question, if you START giving advice on this and lets say you mention GFCI’s and DONT mention AFCI’s and someone gets hurt can you be found liable? I mean you told them about the GFCI’s why not the AFCI’s? I dunno just asking.

Estimating I would agree with, unless they are asking 'Is it $100 to fix or $10,000 to fix then you can advise them. Some areas more or less REQUIRE estimates. Without providing them you will get ZERO business. So he speaks of BFE Missouri not all areas of the country and I do NOT give estimates myself, but don’t bash those who do so with some type of rational.

I personally think most people are ALARMED because the Home Inspector did not professionally present the findings and left a ton of “unknown” information. I never found a person to be “alarmed” by anything except the unknown. If they KNOW what is going on they are EDUCATED. So if you are ALARMING someone your not doing your job properly. So, yes I EDUCATE my clients by being a NON ALARMIST by being PROFICIENT…

The bash on recall check and the warranties have been gone over and over. His information here is just a view point of a home inspecto…O Wait, he isn’t a home inspector anymore and going to give me marketing advice. Now isn’t that a hoot! I will take his advice on Home Inspection marketing right after I place my investment with Bernie Madoff.

Last paragraph is more dribble on what to do and not to do…from a guy who isn’t even a home inspector!

If you are presently a Home Inspector and want to learn how to be something else, read his post and follow it!

Anything else Mikey?

Eric you know the rules, you can only reply if Mikey calls on you!..Tsk Tsk…

Meeker? :mrgreen:

Larson…he controls the message board. Watch yourself, small man. Never ever stand up for what you believe is right. Just follow the hearder and be one of the sheep and all will be just fine.

He is busy lookin for his guns in case we are attacked…actually, both of them are.

If I lived in a country where I felt that I seriously needed 30 weapons, I would move and take my family with me. I think its just more of a hobby and justification for it.

I keep telling my girlfriend that I need a Ferrari in case they come for us, we can outrun them. She isn’t buying it…DAMN the luck!

They never do… :mrgreen:
The look I got when I suggested that a HEMI powered Barracuda would hep us escape…let’s just say that the HEMI in the Durango will have to do for now!

You guy’s need to buy a real car. :wink:

http://i0.wp.com/hypebeast.com/image/2013/01/2014-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-01.jpg?w=930

http://www.extravaganzi.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/2014-Chevrolet-Corvette-Stingray-2.jpg

http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Chevrolet-2014-Corvette-Stingray-Final-Prototype_002_Gray.jpg

http://image.motortrend.com/f/roadtests/coupes/1301_2014_chevrolet_corvette_stingray_first_look/42061184/2014-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-cockpit.jpg

But you NEED 30 cars, the goverment can overrun us at any time. Need a quick getaway to…ummm…Mexico or Canada or something like that.

Kevin, waiting for 2015. I already have a corvette and hardly drive it. 2004 with like 26000 miles. Saw this one and LOVED it, but think the kinks will need to be worked out. What do you think?

I agree, it usually takes a year or two after a new model release.

The Stingray is back!!:smiley:

Waiting for the 2015 Barracuda… hopefully a convertible… :cool: