Hurricane Charlie Disaster Fund

Originally Posted By: hgordon
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hello all,

As I sit here and look at the pictures of the devastation that has already happened, as well as the estimates for over 15 BILLION in damages, I can't help thinking how lucky we each are that we are not on that side.

With this in mind, I would like to propose that we set up a Disaster Fund (possibly under the NACHI Foundation umbrella) to assits those who will certainly need help. Can that happen Gary?

Lets pony up all! Time to do what needs to be done!

If you would like to help others during this time (possibly other NACHI members) please indicate so here by saying "COUNT ME IN!" and then include your email address.

I would like to be the first to say "COUNT ME IN!" personally!

Also, on behalf of the Florida NACHI Chapter, please count on us as well!

--
Harvey Gordon
SE Florida NACHI Chapter - President
hgordon@fl.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: mzwerin

admin@mtcHomeInspections.com

If you want more information as to the post-storm conditions, you might want to go to: http://www.nbc-2.com/
This is a live feed of the local Lee/Collier/Charlotte Counties ABC & CBS affiliates working together to get the news out. Lots of ppl calling in telling of their local situations. Just heard that Rotunda might have been hit hard also.

Amazingly enough, eastern Palm Beach County had nothing this afternoon... not a drop of rain; only gusts up to ~35mph. Even went to the beach! Waves were only about 6'.

Let us know what we can do to help, my wife & I will do what we can!

Originally Posted By: bsmith

I’m in. Let me know what to do.

Bill Smith

www.SmithHomeInspection.com

“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” A. Einstien

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

Anybody wanting to Donate to a Disaster Relief Fund, please send all donatins via paypal at donations@nachifoundation.org

or you can mail them to:

The NACHI Foundation
PO Box 722
Millersville, MD 21108

Just be sure to mark them for Disaster Relief, we at the Foundation will make sure they get to an appropriate agency.

--
Gary (Snicker's) Johnson - Free NACHOS
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: dkeough

Hi Gary

I have contacted all members in Broward County and Mike Zwerin is contacting the Palm Beach members for any donations , food, water, toiletries, tarps and/or money. I am going to drive over to the west coast tomorrow late morning early afternoon and drop these donations off to a west coast member to distribute as needed. If anyone is in the South Florida area is willing to donate any goods please contact David(me) at 954-520-3225 or Mike at 561-375-6750. I am willing to drive to where you are to pick up any donations. I would like to get the goods to them as soon as possible. Thanks to all the members that have agreed to help already.

Thank You
David Keough

Coordinating with Dave Keough for him to pick up all the emergency goods from here later today & for him to drive it all over to SW Florida tomorrow.

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

gjohnson wrote:
Anybody wanting to Donate to a Disaster Relief Fund, please send all donatins via paypal at donations@nachifoundation.org

or you can mail them to:

The NACHI Foundation
PO Box 722
Millersville, MD 21108

Just be sure to mark them for Disaster Relief, we at the Foundation will make sure they get to an appropriate agency.

Gary,

Just made a donation via PayPal. Please make sure that these funds are earmarked for the current Florida hurricane Disaster Relief effort.

Thanks

--
Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Thanks Joe I got it… I Will do that for you…

Gary (Snicker’s) Johnson - Free NACHOS

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: hgordon

David and Mike,

I am so proud of you guys for stepping up to the plate and getting "dirty". It is that type of "WILL DO" attitude that sets us NACHI guys apart!

I will be unable to meet up with you guys as I am scheduled to be in WPB at 7am.

Gary, I will send you a check on Monday morning.

Harvey

--
Harvey Gordon
SE Florida NACHI Chapter - President
hgordon@fl.nachi.org

Originally Posted By: mrose

Greetings,

Gary, kindly direct my PayPal donation to the Florida hurricane disaster relief fund.

Harvey many thanks for caring about others in severe need. You're a good man and I am gratified to have you as such an active NACHI member. Keep up the good work.

Best regards to all,

--
Mike Rose
Cornerstone Home Inspection Co. LLC
Lawrenceville, GA

www.cornerstonehomeinspect.com

Thanks Mike… Much appreciated…

Gary (Snicker’s) Johnson - Free NACHOS

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

A look at some of the damage done:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5653487/

--
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: dkeough

Hi Guys

I am meeting a couple more members this morning to collect donations.
Myself, Eric Atkinson and Eddie Keaton are going to drive over at approx. 10 AM and drop off the goods. If anyone is still interested in giving, we will be in the Broward area until that time. Otherwise, thank you to all that have helped in this endeavour.

Thanks Again
David Keough
Prouder than ever member of NACHI

Originally Posted By: bsmith

Harvey-

Just sent my donation via paypal. Thanks for getting this moving. Good luck down there.

--
Bill Smith
www.SmithHomeInspection.com
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." A. Einstien

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Hello from Hurricane Central.

The local red cross here is asking for MONEY. They and the other groups in the area aren't looking for the usual blankets, water, etc. I've only heard of one shelter asking for cots.

The number for information about donations is 1-800-HELP-NOW.

It's pretty nasty over here, we got our power back yesterday, telephone service never went out, cell phones are scratchy, DSL is in and out, the TV Stations from Fort Myers are off the air, the local paper can't publish, and the downtown areas of Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda are heavily damaged. Arcadia looks like a total loss, some of those buildings were from the 1920's and 30's.

I've never heard wind like that, and hope I don't again!

Still hard to believe people stay in mobile homes when these things are coming through!!

Now for cleanup ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

Blaine

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Blaine,

it's good to hear from you, I'm glad that you and yours came through somewhat unscathed. I hope that all our fellow home inspectors in the area fared as well.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Dave Keough is on his way with a big ole’ load of stuff from Broward & Palm Beach… we all hope it helps in some small way.

Anyone that wants to help out… Send any thing you can via papyal to:

donations@nachifoundation.org we will then be making a large sum donation to the redcross for the Hurricane relief. As it stands now we are around $650.00 in donations for the Hurricane. Like I said if you can only send 5.00 go ahead and do it...

Bill Smith: I got your donation this morning, thanks again....

--
The NACHI Foundation
Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Thanks to everyone for the help.

Charlotte county is now asking for towels, soap, shampoo, toothpaste and cots.

Schools are closed indefinitely.

Originally Posted By: dfrend

I spoke to Gary this morning and donations for the fund are over $800 so far. On behalf of the Foundation, I would like to urge each and every one of you to help us get as many donations as possible. Tell your friends and family the paypal address and the mailing address. All donations are fully tax deductible. Even if only $5, every bit helps. There is a lot of recovery needed, and while your few dollars may seem trivial to you, it can make a world of difference.

Just to put it in perspective for some:

A few years back a tornado destroyed many homes in the College Park, MD area. While searching over 75 homes in 12 hours for injured/trapped we came upon a family who had lost everything. There house was flattened and many of their belongings were gone. Their son of about 3 was devasteded he had lost his teddy bear. One member happened to have a teddy bear they were going to give their kid in the vehicle. They got it out and gave it to them. We later learned from the family that this little under $10 token was what allowed the kid to sleep at night.

Please help the Foundation raise funds to help as many as possible in the devastated areas. We also urge you to help organizations accepting food/clothing/toys. Let's show those affected we care.

--
Daniel R Frend
www.nachifoundation.org
The Home Inspector Store
www.homeinspectorstore.com