HVAC - Drip leg vs. Sediment trap

It is what you put in your vehicle and it is measured in dollars.

Man, I gotta teach you that? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

You nailed it Larry. Wet gas is hard to come by lately :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Remember, many of the defects you discover were likely created by Master Plumbers… one of many reasons my business thrives!! :wink:

Yup in business for 15 years and still a CPI :rofl: we all have our own definition of success. I see my stalker is back to stalking :kissing_heart:

Yep, awesome huh! I don’t waste money on marketing gimmicks!!

1 Like

3 Google reviews in 15 years. You’ve reached a new low​:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Talk about stalking!! What a loser. Back on ignore you go.

Thank you for that. You did manage to get one 5 star a 4 star and a 3 star review in 4 years. Keep up the great work!

Obviously, someone with a guilty conscience is the one doing the stalking!! Pathetic!!

1 Like

You didn’t just quote your own quote? Oh my.

Martin,
What do any of your questions that you have asked me, have to do with providing information for the benefit of the forum, regarding differences/similarities, between a drip vs sediment trap? Don’t take it so personal.

I will answer the question above. your questions have nothing to do with the forum topic. To be frank, either provide documentation to help us understand why these two traps are the same, or nothing. As the saying goes, crap, or get off the pot. Too many forums have people like you just spreading emotions and not enough information.

Look forward to you posting your knowledge regarding this topic, as it looks like you are a very experienced inspector, and probably know it all; )

1 Like

Martin,
You know what the difference between someone new to the home inspecting industry like me, and someone like you who says they have been doing this for years is?..

Guys like me have no bias or complacency, which allows me to search, and find information like this below:
2009 IRC (International Residential Code)
2009 IRC with commentary 1

2 Likes

2009 IRC (International Residential Code)

((Mic Drop))

1 Like

Here is the entire page if you want it.
2009 IRC Drip vs Sedimnet trap_annotated.pdf (1.1 MB)
((Mic Drop))

1 Like

There was a time the code book did not refer to a sediment trap as a sediment trap. They were referred to as dirt legs and drip legs. At that time gas pipe was graded toward the appliance so moisture or dirt would settle into the dirt leg or drip leg.

Today natural gas is clean and processed and dry. The code books have changed the name of a dirt leg and drip leg to a sediment trap. You are not going to find wet gas anywhere today. Code books will reference a drip leg for wet gas. It’s a legacy code. This is why I ask you how do you know if the gas is wet and how do you measure it?

This is why a sediment trap will often be referred to as a dirt leg or drip leg. The names are absolutely interchangeable. Take a cap off of a sediment trap and tell me what has been collected.

No mic drop needed. Three plumbing licenses will speak for themselves.

1 Like

Prove it, still waiting on you to provide any sort of documentation. You do have access to old code you know. You will see that all the codes I have provided, clearly describe a difference between a drip leg, and a sediment trap, the IRC even goes into detail about the different purpose of a sediment trap. I dont’t think you are even reading the information I am providing lol. The codes I referenced that support my post are as follows: 2009 IRC, 2019 CPC, and 2021 IFGC.

:man_facepalming:

I will do your homework for you, so that anyone trying to educate themselves on this forum, does not get caught up in your misinformation. Here is code going all the way back to the year 2000:
2000 IRC Chapter 24 Fuel Gas

that’s 21 years of code Martin
((No Mic to drop))

1 Like

Where in your code from 2000 does it say the sediment trap and a drip are separate traps. Why are you infatuated with a code that no longer applies to a modern gas piping system? Any information regarding a drip trap is completely irrelevant in any inspection today. No need to reply that code book was written before you were born. I don’t argue with millennials.

Why are you not reading the 2021 IFGC and 2019 CPC I posted earlier?
You are an amazing specimen lol