HVAC - Drip leg vs. Sediment trap

I QUIT
NO ANSWER was hoping to help out
guess not
good luck

1 Like

Marc,
Your answer was answered, and is also answered if you read the entirety of this thread. Localities/states use the international codes, they will usually amend the international code on some things, in which they state the amendments and call it “Kansas Residential Code” for example. California might be an example where the code has many amendments, or is it’s own animal, that is why I also referenced their code as well just in case. I am in New Mexico, and we adopt international code which is pretty standard. So the language in the international codes are of a higher authority, these international codes are created by the ICC (International Code Counsel). I went to the top of the food chain to provide documentation that Drip Legs, and Sediment traps are different components.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Well that explains a lot Mr. New Mexico. New Mexico has not adopted the international code for plumbing. They use the 2015 uniform plumbing code. If you have any questions I know JT Baka the head plumbing inspector personally. He’s an excellent resource for questions and teaches the plumbers and fitters at local 412 weekly. If you PM me I can give you his phone number and he can answer all of your plumbing questions for you.

Enjoy,Martin

New Mexico licensed plumber and pipefitter
New Mexico licensed natural gas fitter
New Mexico licensed plumbing and gas
contractor
New Mexico licensed medical gas installer

** microphone drop**

1 Like

Haha, no, your going to answer the questions. Since you know the code…go in that code and find where it says drips and sediments are the same lol.

I will wait.

1 Like

Martin,
You definitely should not be licensed in NM lol, you don’t even know your own code. I looked in the 2015 UPC and your not going to like what it says. You might want to pick your mic back up lol.
2015 UPC

2015 UPC

It is clear that even the UPC (your own code) has them listed with their own unique code identifiers, and describe where each of these are to be installed (which are different locations), and even the sediment trap has its own diagram of how to plumb one.

No one here has benefited… … …

1 Like

Marc,
I’m sorry you have not benefited. Please don’t be emotionally immature and post unnecessary things on here. If you need further explanation than ask away.

Oh stop your higher than thou bloviating.
36 yr old failed insurance sales scammer from Texas.

1 Like

Do I see drips and sediment traps in the same paragraph of the codebook!!!

I wonder why that is!!!

Much to learn this one🙂

Martin, you need to READ further lol…I knew your primal brain would stop there.

I read it I understand it. I even passed the exam. I had to take it twice once as a journeyman and once as a contractor. How about you?

Nowhere does it say the drip trap is different than the sediment trap. There is just a code on where the drip trap should be located. I’m putting this one to bed you have a very hard time understanding of the codebook.

Marc,
Your just another child on here, you are obviously trying to attack me personally. Kind of embarrassing you are trying stalk me online so that you can use it as a personal attack. sad really.

I wonder if the good folks at all star public adjusters know they have a mental case working with them?

Martin,
You are trying real hard to bend it lol…you still have not read the 2009 IRC commentary. It has the same verbiage as the UPC but explains further that they are not the same thing, they mention that more than once.

He references the UPC yet loves to live in the past of the 2009 IRC. Sorry cupcake when I inspect my homes I use current codes.

I am done with you. You no doubt will keep answering your own post I think I counted four answers to your own post^^^^^^^

You are a creep Martin, a real life creep. Why don’t you give me a call then.

Martin, show me your current codes…
Funny how originally you tried to say old codes proved your point, now your saying you don’t reference old code, but instead you use new code…wow you are something else.

Would your husband approve of a random forum pick-up call… … …

1 Like

What would you like to know about codes from South Carolina sweetheart. I’ve actually been tested on these and passed the exam.:rofl:

1 Like