I am ready for some IRISH football!

Michael,

You must be referring to the weather right? It can get to be a little depressing here from late Fall to almost May. A steady stream of clouds. Sometimes it feels like weeks before we see the sun. I think someone described it best when they said that Portland and Seattle are the only two cities in the US that could go through a “nuclear winter” and not know that anything happened! We had a great summer, not to hot and no humidity. But it’s already snowed up on Mt Hood. I think they got 7" at Timberline Lodge a couple of nights ago, which is as early as I can ever remember. So for us…it’s back to the gray season, nothing but clouds for the next 6+ months. Ah well, it keeps things green. Speaking of green. Go Ducks!

Hey Joe,

I’m guessing your sitting on a air filled donut about now, after the “Butt Kickin” ND received today. Better luck next week!

The Agony of Defeat!

A bad day yesterday for Big 12 fans:
Oregon over OKie U.
Trojan over Cornhusker

Well at least they lose to formible foes, I still havent gotten over the Mudhen victory (KU loss). :roll: Its going to be a long season afterall. After watching the Big Red One out of Lincoln last night (impressed by thier defensive front seven), they will most likely win the Big 12 North Division and go against Texas in the championship game. Big 12 is in a down year. Oh, well, still fun to watch and talk about. :smiley: Now to watching the Chiefs get…:ack:

Oh yeah!!!

Go BLUE!!!

Oh yeah…Go Clemson Tigers!

We’re sitting Shiva, at the moment.

Ah yes, mourning I’m sure… as are many Irish fans this week. (Been there and done that.)

I was helping a friend move this weekend and actually missed the game :frowning:

How about an Irish coffee instead ? :O)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/09/Arizona-state-sund.gif Sparky the Sun Devil

Go Sparky

Hail to the victors, especially since those victors are the Wolverines!!!
Go Blue!!!

So, I’m watching the ND-MSU game and getting more and more infuriated at ABC who, like every other network, was trying to make its nut for the year on the surpassing fan interest in all things ND.

So, as lackluster as ND looked for three quarters, down 37-21, and not willing to endure multiple 6 minute commercial pods and promos for “According To Jim” which I almost feel I have to apologize for not watching, I decided to call it a night and go to bed. It was 11:00 p. m. and the game had been on for 3 f**king hours already so what do you want from me ABC?

Sunday morning, I assumed that ND had lost, checked my tradesports.com account and saw that I had lost my bet and not wishing to have my nose rubbed in it by ESPN picked up the paper which had no account of the game due in large measure to ABC’s overarching greediness. So I buried my head in the sand, figuring that someone would eventually rag me on ND’s failure to live up to its potential.

Then the phone rang and it was Sr. Rosemary looking for my wife. She’s still sleeping - it was nearly 11:00 a. m. “Did you watch the game?” she asked. “Yeah, I know” I said, “they lost.” “No” she says “they won!”

Whaaaa-haaa-haaa-aaaAATTT!!!??? You’re kidding me!!

I had Tivoed the game and so I flipped to the game. Only it seems that THREE HOURS AND FIFTEEN MINUTES was not enough time to record an entire SIXTY MINUTE game when you factor in ABC’s preternatural GREED.

Fortunately, it was the game of the week on ESPN 2 or 3. I caught the last 10 minutes of real time. Best part was when the camera panned the stands and you saw the stunned faces of the MSU fans. How sweet it is!

Hey WE ARE ND!!!

Joe,
I saw the end of the game. The look on the MSU fans faces was PRICELESS.

We were in the same boat as you Joe, ND down 31-14 at the half, we started flipping channels and watching something else. We decided to flip back later on as ND was mounting a comeback to remember. And your right the spartan fans were in tears.