Incredible Book

today I received the complete field Guide to Wood Destroying Insects…this book is totally awesome…the photography is truly incredible and would have to be seen to believe the clarity of it. This book would make a great gift for any inspector it is really that good…definately two thumbs up…way to go to all involved…thanks, Jim McKee

Nick, wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for my Field Guide to Wood Destroying Insects. It is an awesome guide with great information. Thanks to Jim I was able to get the free copy, maybe my luck is changing. Thanks for all you and your staff do for the members.

Free copy!!!

It would be awesome at that price.

At the 60.00 sticker price it is way overpriced for what you get. It’s 108 pages of 5x8 flash cards. Don’t get me wrong, it’s definitely handy, but still overpriced by about 3 or 4 times in my opinion.

The printing alone (not punching, binding, selling, etc) cost us $30 each. Hi-res photos on thick card stock cut to be field guide size.

There is a difference (in the client’s eyes) between explaining what you found by holding up the field guide next to damage and matching it… and… having the client catch you flipping through a paper book to try to figure out what caused the damage.

Is there any real difference? Probably not. But the perceived difference was enough for us to develop it as a flip through field guide that you can take on-site without feeling sheepish about anyone catching you using it.

It is also big with full-color, hi-res photos for you to take a PIC of the field guide while you hold it up to the matching damage you find on-site, then including that PIC in your report.

If you are unsure about what bug caused the damage, the guide really helps and you can always use some language in your inspection report such as "The exact cause of the damage discovered could not be determined with 100% certainty, however it most closely matched the damage found on page XX of InterNACHI’s WDI Field Guide which was caused by XXXX."