"Infrared Thermography Inspection Training" video course

After further review, I will have to say that the toilet may have water in it after all. Evaporative cooling would only show up on a thin layer of surface moisture. Since the water in the toilet would absorb any cooling at the surface, it would remain the same temperature as the toilet…no Delta T.

Are you sure? Think about it some more.

I know the deeper body of water is still evaporating at the surface if the temp is above the dew point. But wouldn’t the rest of the water temperature equalize this enough to offset the cooling and not show up…still learning.

The change of state that occurs during evaporative cooling (from a liquid to a vapor) requires the removal of 970 BTUs per pound of water.

Evaporative cooling is a very powerful source of heat transfer.

I am not taking this course so I don’t know which are specifically looking at (and probably neither do you). We need more information.

Surface tension of the water (barometric pressure) and the wetbulb temperature determine the specific rate of latent heat transfer through evaporation. 100% Rh and no evaporation takes place.

I don’t know the answer. I’m just asking if you are sure.

If you can detect evaporative cooling at the surface, than it will affect the temperature of the body of water. Infrared thermal imagers can detect very low temperature differentials.

Besides evaporative cooling, water changes temperature at a different rate than the ambient air. It is nearly impossible to have “steady-state conditions” in building evaluation (this is one of the reasons that thermal imaging on buildings is one of the most complex applications for thermal imaging and should not be blown off as simple point and shoot photography).

Conditions are constantly changing and there is a lag factor for water which will cause it to show up when it is not under a steady-state condition.

Another consideration; conductivity is faster through water than through air.

Another consideration; “air film” is an insulating buffer around objects. Air is a good insulator and reduces heat transfer through convection and conduction.

When you guys try to evaluate a infrared thermal imaging scan, you need to ask yourself why things are as they seem and assess the conditions and factors that produce the conditions you are seeing. Should the object be hotter or colder? Why? The camera cannot collect all the information you need. You have to take into account other variables that require other test equipment or procedures (not taught in infrared training) to acquire the information necessary for an accurate assessment.

In reality, the thermal imaging camera is not even a thermometer, as everyone seems to use it as.

This assc. is the best source of info… Thank you for your efforts

Just logged in.

Starting course now.

Also starting this course, too.

ready to go

Trying again to take this corse

Starting IR training now.

will certification carry over to other states

http://www.nachi.org/ir.htm is a federal trademark for being Infrared Certified.

But does it meet All State(s) licensing requirements?

It’s not a license, just a seal that shows you have had some training. There is no license for thermography, just different levels of training.

I know what Infrared Certified is.

My question was in response to this post - “will certification carry over to other states”

Certification is not enough in Illinois.

Recommendations for Real Estate Transactions
IEMA strongly recommends ALL homebuyers have an indoor radon test performed prior to purchase or taking occupancy,
and mitigated if elevated levels are found. It is not in the best interest of the buyer or seller to rely on a radon measurement
performed by anyone other than a licensed measurement professional or technician. Elevated radon concentrations can
easily be reduced by a qualified, licensed radon mitigator.

I know what Infrared Certified is.

My question was in response to this post - “will certification carry over to other states”

Certification is not enough in Illinois.

“IEMA strongly recommends ALL homebuyers have an indoor radon test performed prior to purchase or taking occupancy,
and mitigated if elevated levels are found. It is** not** in the best interest of the buyer or seller to rely on a radon measurement
performed **by anyone other than a licensed measurement” professional or technician.

The first step in applying for a Professional or Technician License is to complete an IEMA approved Qualification Course.

](Radon)
Radon Measurement or Mitigation Qualifying Courses](Radon)
INachi’s infared Certified course is not listed here.](Radon)

Very good course…nice starting point.

1 Like

Re; Infrared Thermography Inspection Course
I have completed a level 1 in PR with CMMI, recommended practice ANT-TC-1A.

Just getting into IR. Excited to use my camera.