Inspector Student Introduction

Hi everyone,

I was laid off in 2020 from my job in the petroleum sector, and after doing some research for my next possible move, I decided to go into home inspections. My prior role included inspections, so the general procedure is familiar to me - but I’m completely new to the subject matter otherwise.

I’ve decided to work through the core courses first to build a more solid foundation for myself (bad house pun) before I begin the certification process. The InterNACHI courses are amazingly detailed, and I’m so far enjoying the study and practice. As of now, I’ve reached the halfway mark, and just wanted to introduce myself. I hold a professional technologist designation, and I’m from Newfoundland, Canada.

Cheers!
Ian Hutchings, P.Tech.

4 Likes

Welcome, Ian. Lots of good info here.

2 Likes

Welcome, Ian, and good luck with your undertakings.
I have helped another home inspector from New Foundland for the past 10-12 years.

3 Likes

Welcome aboard, Ian. :slightly_smiling_face: What part of Newfoundland are you from?

3 Likes

Welcome Ian!

2 Likes

Welcome Ian!

4 Likes

Thank you, Junior. Glad to be here. :slight_smile: I’m located on the Avalon Peninsula.

1 Like

Right on, I’m originally from Central Newfoundland. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Welcome !!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Ian, Enjoy!!

3 Likes

Welcome to the club, Ian.
Looking forward to reading your posts.
Best regards.
Robert Young

2 Likes

Hi and welcome, This is my first year in as well. I retired from union carpentry after an injury. Had my first paid inspection gig last week. I never thought I’d have another career at 62. I wish there was a Nachi group in Los Angeles. Good luck to all. Bill Galligan

1 Like

Good luck and being a union carpenter, that will help you a lot.

1 Like

Thanks, Would love to find a mentor in this area