Insurance coverage poll

Originally Posted By: Russell Frame
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Lots of questions about insurance, thought it would be nice to summarize what people are carrying in a poll format.

Originally Posted By: dbowers

Would like to answer the poll, but no answer there. I carry E&O and general liability - I have since 1986. Its not required by my state or any group I belong to. I bought it to protect myself (not buyers) against the buyer that thinks you’re his cradle to grave insurance policy.

I've never had a claim against either one.

I've given out a limited 90 day warranty for 5 years. Had 1 claim on it.

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

Kinda of a loaded question here in Florida. I want to purchase general liability but not able to get a reasonable quote without purchasing E&O, so right now no insurance.

Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: lschmid

Cannot answer poll. I carry liability and E & O, but not required by state.

Larry Schmid

First Choice Home Inspection,Inc.

South Carolina Chapter President

www.1stchoicehomeinspection.com

A SAFE HOME IS A HAPPY HOME

Originally Posted By: rfarruggia

$1 million G/L , $1 million E&O, $10,000 Fidelity bond

Originally Posted By: rpierson

Ditto, what Larry said.

Although! I currently have Allen Ins. 300/600 & General Liability with $1,000 deductible. But my renewal went up over 10%. @ $400 a month, not sure I can afford it anymore. I will ask for a reduced coverage rate 150/300 and see what I can do. But I might not carry E&O anymore. The marketing I did around the Great Coverage I had, never seemed to take. I think I have been asked for insurance maybe twice this last year.

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

The answer ain’t there. E&O to protect me and my ASSets and general liability. I have the realtor referral rider on the E&O also. There is no state requirement for either here in FL.