InterNACHI releases new Life Expectancy Chart.

Too many variables… unable to predict :shock:

:mrgreen:

very true Marcel…My first wife would have changed the entire interior of the house on a seasonal schedule if it was up to Her…many interior items get replaced because they become old fashioned well before they wear out…

Jim, your wife and my wife must be sisters, for they seem to think alot the same path wave. I’ve gone inside this house five times in 20 years.
I’ll be damn if I buy another one, I’ll be fixing it till I am in the grave. :mrgreen:;):slight_smile:

How about the life expectancy of old worn out real estate agents? I had one last week that was at least 90, she could barely walk and smoked like a chimney. (gag) She almost hacked up a fur ball once. I hit her with my laser thermometer and it read 80.0 (brr)

How about Galvanized water lines and Wood foundation systems

Hey, just received 4 books from Inachi for helping out.

Thank You Nick, they look great too! Nice job on the books content. :):smiley:

You have shower doors listed twice. Once at 25 years, once at 20+ years.

Concrete walkways should be listed longer than 10-20 years. If there is no damage from trees or seismic events, there should be nothing that degrades them except weather. I would put them more in the 40-50 range. That is only a 1959 year built home. I see many from the 1930’s that are still fine.

Time for slate roof should be longer also. 100+ for most types of slate depending on their origin. There are some regions that have a much softer slate that is prone to failure after 50 or so years.

Not sure why the flooring underlayment is so short (25 years?). How many homes have ever had the underlayment replaced unless there were leaks or pest damage of some sort?

Asphalt (Architectural) shingles come in warranty selections from 30 to 50 years now.

I think that should be shown instead of just 30 years.

I am no more of a believer of a 50 year shingle as I am of a 50 year caulking that they produce now or claim.
It is all a marketing skit.

Read this article.

http://www.seattleroofbroker.com/ProductsAsphalt.htm

:slight_smile:

How about, water softeners, different types of pools/spas and tile roofs? Clay vs cement based?

Same here.

Thank you for those educational books Nick.

And here also. They will make great additions to my educational/reference library. Thank you!

And here. Thanks!

Nice job on the books.

Under roofing nothing listed for galvanized steel.

I have some questions in regards to the garage door section: Are all doors included in the 20 - 25 life expectancy age?

• Garage Doors -
    [LIST]
  • Metal doors?
  • Fiberglass doors?
  • Wood Doors?
  • Sliding Doors?
  • Hinged?
  • Overhead Solid?
  • Overhead Sectional?

[/LIST]Question about Garage Door Openers, are both the screw type and chain driven operators included in the 10 -15 life expectancy age?

I would like to see separate Plumbing and separate Electrical sections. It does not seen correct to have cast iron pipe in the foundation area.

Rock Wool insulation?

Vermiculite ?

CO detectors??

Overall, this is excellent.:D:D:D

What would be really nice after this project is done would be a list of common household repair estimates based on the national average with modifications for areas of the country. I have the National Estimator book for Craftsman and that thing is a royal PITA to use. Some of their pricing in that thing is way off base. I know some of the franchises have them floating around on their websites, but the numbers are pretty old.

Ditto and thanks!

thanks for the Books Guys…