Received a call from a Realtor I work with on intermittent sewer gases in parts of their building but not the third floor of three floor structure. Here is the dilemma:
- Can smell sewer gases in the lower floor (1/2 below grade, like English basement) sometimes during summer months and floor above. Never in the third floor.
- Can smell the odor in the lower floor but not the floor above at times, mostly in summer months.
- Can smell odor in lower floor only, more in summer months.
- City has been contacted, ran lines to check out sewer nothing blocking and traps appear clean. Not their problem says the City.
- Plumbers have been called with same results, nothing found.
I mentioned that blocked vent piping could be a cause but the Realtor could not remember if the plumbers checked this.
What could be the cause? Any and all help is appreciated.