Joe Farsetta... WOW!

Originally Posted By: jhagarty
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

jbushart wrote:

Is it your position that this fellow would have been more worthy of the award had he attended the convention? ![icon_eek.gif](upload://yuxgmvDDEGIQPAyP9sRnK0D0CCY.gif)

Mr. Strachan was Voted Worthy of Award by the Membership long before the Convention was held.

His Viability of Candidacy was without Question.

At the Time, Relevance was not placed on Attendance at the Convention over my Objections.

Do you Agree or Disagree with me Now?

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

I agree with you.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

to be Missed

Time is of the Essence.

Register Now....

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: Gilbert Strachan

Unless actually receiving the award was of importance, no one should languish over the fact that I didn’t attend the convention… because typical of most NACHI trappings, my award turned out to be invisible in the end.

Just another invisible member with an invisible award...

Originally Posted By: rwand

J. Hagarty wrote:

Quote:
There is No Excuse for Failure to Attend the Convention.

There is if the recipient is dead! ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--
The value of experience is not in seeing much,
but in seeing wisely. - Sir William Osler 1905

http://www.raymondwand.ca
NACHI Member
Registered Home Inspector (R.H.I.)

Originally Posted By: phinsperger

jhagarty wrote:
Is there any Provision for the 2006 Convention that an Award Recipient must be Present at the Convention to receive Recognition of an Award?

There is no such provision at this time.

jhagarty wrote:
If this has not been Noted or Given Consideration, please consider my Posting as a Suggestion made.

A reasonable request. I posted your suggestion for the Awards Committee to review and discuss.

jhagarty wrote:
Mr. Strachan was Voted Worthy of Award by the Membership long before the Convention was held.

His Viability of Candidacy was without Question.

At the Time, Relevance was not placed on Attendance at the Convention over my Objections.

True. During the 2004 year, Mr. Strachan efforts within NACHI made great strides to developing a NACHI presence in Canada. This will never change, despite his views this year.

jhagarty wrote:

Quite a Testimonial for Gil Strachan, Canadian NACHI Member of the Year.

Was He at the Convention in 2005?

Had Gil attended the convention and received the physical award, I seriously doubt that would have made any difference in his actions of 2005.

Gilbert Strachan wrote:
Unless actually receiving the award was of importance, ...

Gil IS the recipient of the 2004 Canadian Member of the Year award designation. A great amount of emails were sent in an attempt to tracking down the physical trophy to no avail. The title and honour are vastly more important than any physical object put on one's shelf. Difficult to market the physical object as compared to the title.

Gilbert Strachan wrote:
...my award turned out to be invisible in the end.

They were made from acrylic (which is actually clearer than glass). ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

Any further disscussion made by me on this topic will be made in the Awards Commitee.

--

Paul Hinsperger
Hinsperger Inspection Services
Chairman - NACHI Awards Committee
Place your Award Nominations
here !

Originally Posted By: rcooke

Gilbert Strachan wrote:
Unless actually receiving the award was of importance, no one should languish over the fact that I didn't attend the convention... because typical of most NACHI trappings, my award turned out to be invisible in the end.

Just another invisible member with an invisible award...

I was the on who nominated Gil for this reward and Raymond Wand was the seconder.
I felt Gil Should have received the reward. It was shipped to Me by UPS . The award ended up in Charlottetown. I talked to UPS and they wanted more money because it was coming from another country. I gave them my VISA and they debited it . They told me I would have it in two days . When it did not arrive I then called them again was told it had been shipped back to the USA by mistake . They told me I would get it in one week . I then called them again and they had too put on a tracer.
After spending many many hours trying to trace this Package . I gave up trying to trace the package. This was the same time that Gil was sending out very nasty letters about me to many people that where full of lies. At the same time he was attacking NACHI and NICK on the NACHI forum .

My feeling at this time is that Gil did deserve the reward but due to his slanderous attacks on me and others I could care less if the reward is ever found and feel Why should a person who slams NACHI so much should now get his reward.
Knowing Gil as I do I would expect he will try and get as much mileage out of the reward he has not received . If he was to now receive it I expect he would get even more mileage then you can even think about.

--
Roy Cooke Sr.

http://Royshomeinspection.com

Roy, did UPS credit your account for the amount debited?

I find it rather amusing that someone is suggesting a person should or must be at an awards ceremony to receive the plaque/trophy/certificate. Awards are handed out all the time in various organizations, et al and many times the recipients are not in attendance. Not only that; what makes anyone think that the recip can afford to attend? Really someone needs to wake up and smell the coffee, in my opinion.

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--

NACHI Member

Hey maybe a new award is in order…

How about an award for the Best Non-Member? I have a few candidates I would like to nominate. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

How about an award for the best post(s) by an alias(es)? ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Only kidding......

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

--

NACHI Member

Originally Posted By: rcooke

rwand wrote:
Roy, did UPS credit your account for the amount debited?

I find it rather amusing that someone is suggesting a person should or must be at an awards ceremony to receive the plaque/trophy/certificate. Awards are handed out all the time in various organizations, et al and many times the recipients are not in attendance. Not only that; what makes anyone think that the recip can afford to attend? Really someone needs to wake up and smell the coffee, in my opinion.

Raymond Wand
Alton, ON

I received my money from the Chair of the awards Committee. I give up on UPS I have had so many difficulties and over charge that I try to stay away from them . They just seem to have trouble getting a shipment from the USA . Fed Ex is the only one for me after regular mail .
Thanks for your concern .
A reward for a non member has been talked about thanks for the thoughts

--
Roy Cooke Sr.

http://Royshomeinspection.com