Join me in welcoming inspector lawyer Joseph Denneler to InterNACHI's Legal Team.

Congratulation and welcome Joe
I am also curious to see what legal team and resources Nick is putting together. When needed a strong defense in our industry is a ++

Welcome Joe.

Haven’t been on much, busy busy. Did Mark leave?

Can I send things (Inspection Agreement, Contract for additional Inspectors, Virginia stuff related to home inspectors etc) to Joe like I did Mark?

If so, I have a good one.

Dear VAREI Members,

This is an update and reminder about the legislative threat home inspectors face with proposed Virginia Senate Bill 627. Virginia DPOR has scheduled a public hearing to accept public comments on SB 627 for the 2018 General Assembly Session.

As I indicated in my email to you last week, this legislation would be very harmful to all Virginia home inspectors.

Thank you to those who have already indicated they plan to attend the public hearing on Thursday, June 28 in Richmond to voice your opposition to this bill. We would like to have even more attend to convey a strong, unified message.

A number of you have posted comments to the Virginia Townhall online forum. There is still time to post a reasoned comment by the deadline on Monday, June 25. (Please check your spelling.)

See details and helpful links below. This is not the time to be a spectator. I urge every home inspector to participate by either coming to the hearing or posting a comment –– or both.

PROPOSED LEGISLATION LANGUAGE

Virginia Senate Bill 627 makes home inspectors liable for any issue arising from their home inspections. If passed, this legislation could significantly increase your costs of doing business and may even jeopardize your ability to stay in business.

Here is the bill’s exact language: “No contract for home inspection services shall contain any provision limiting the liability of any home inspector for damages arising from his acts or limiting any business that provides home inspection services from liability for the acts of its employees or agents.”

WHAT YOU CAN DO

1. Attend the public hearing:

Thursday, June 28 at 9:00 a.m.
Virginia DPOR
Perimeter Center, 2nd Floor, Room 2
9960 Mayland Drive
Richmond, Virginia 23233

Your presence will help to send a strong, unified message that we oppose SB 627. Even if you do not want to speak at the hearing, your presence will reinforce the objections voiced by other inspectors. There is strength in numbers and your participation is critical to defeat any consideration of this type of legislation, both now and in the future.

1. Post a comment to the online forum:

Post your comment to the Virginia Regulatory Town Hall website on or before Monday, June 25. (Be concise and check your spelling, as this becomes part of the public record.)

You can also view current comments posted to the Townhall forum.

1. Other ways to comment:

Email: Attention: Trisha Henshaw, Executive Director – alhi@dpor.virginia.gov
Fax: Attention: Trisha Henshaw, Executive Director – 866-350-5354

All written comments must be received on or before Monday, June 25, in order to be considered.

I hope to see you in Richmond! (Please email me if you plan to attend the public hearing.)

Working for you,

Barry Robinson
President, Virginia Association of Real Estate Inspectors (VAREI)
President, CSI Home and Commercial Services
barry@csiofvirginia.com

Unquote

So lets clarify this please as it is not very clear. On page 1 Nick said he is here to help all members for free. Is that completely true, or is there a different level of help you can get from him based on whether you use the Nachi (yours insurance ?

Jim

It’s pretty obvious Jim. :wink:

The free help Nick was referring to is limited to basic questions. If/when you really need legal help/advice there’s a cost.

The OP and title are one item. Ben G post in the thread are another item tied with Joe Ferry. Waters are mucked up lol.

Not sure if Nick is rolling out a similar program to Joe Ferrys? Perhaps InterNACHI will have a ‘free’’ program in-house similar? I think that’s the direction Nick is going. Maybe even 1-up it. Meaning if he gets lawyers in all 50 states they can do more than just offer assistant or advice. They could actually represent you as a client!

BTW Chris I’ve had troubles with the online application at elite. Just do it manually.

But… But… just general questions…?..
I thought if I needed the “claims assist” service it will be provided at no fee . NOW, it is not clear to me anymore…?..

Please straighten me out here. :slight_smile:

Nick, I think there is some confusion going on here as you read the above posts. Can you explain ?

Jim

ClaimsAssist comes free if you purchase your E&O insurance through the new InterNACHI program. Clear as day…

1. Where did you see Joe Ferry’s name mentioned?
  2. What troubles are you having? We receive applications all day every day with no issue. And what do you mean by doing it “manually?”

Clear as day?

Who are you insured through?

InspectorPro

Any reason not to get a quote through the InterNACHI program where you have a number of benefits available to you? Free ClaimsAssist, vanishing deductible, 2 year free tail policy if you meet the criteria, ADMITTED insurance carrier, great pricing… Home - InterNACHI Insurance Powered by EliteMGA

THANK YOU BEN!
I will definitely plan to apply with you upon my renewal. :slight_smile:
InspectorPro has a claims assist program but I am NOT thrilled with it

Still not clear though…

Sounds like it would be advantageous for Joe D to be on the message board to answer some basic questions as needed. He’s the best in the business.

Yes, that’s clear as day Ben. It’s free if you purchase from you. If you do not purchase E&O from you it is not free.

bingo!

So once again, Nicks OP was simply BS and another attempt to sell a product to inspectors. It is NOT a Free Member Benefit with no strings attached. I new I smelled a fish. Typical smoke and mirrors, but really not a surprise at all.

No offense Ben, but Nick started this thread, or shall we call it a sales pitch which was quite deceiving to say the least.

The funniest thing is the timing of it. Nathan Thornberry, another partner of Nicks mage a very funny thread where he claims that there are only 3 attorneys in the HI biz that are good and that No others exist and he can prove it. Of course most people I know and deal with ignore and or laugh at most everything he says.

Check out this funny stuff: How to get your legal issues resolved in Home Inspection - by P. Nathan Thornberry

Ben and Nick, is there any truth to his claims in your opinions ?

Jim

As stated above, I think Joe will be a more active participant/resource on this message board which is a good thing for you guys. If you want his full services, i.e. response letters drafted to attorney’s or disgruntled clients, that is all free if you’re insured with the InterNACHI program.

I’d like to know how many trials (actual trials please), depositions, arbitrations, etc., etc. the attorney’s Nathan mentions have participated in specifically related to home inspection matters. If Joe D is not part of Nathan’s team, why would he list him? It serves him no purpose. But that doesn’t discount his talents as a true home inspection defense attorney.

Nick answered the opposite