Judeo-Christian Nation?

Is America a Judeo-Christian Nation?

http://nowewont.ning.com/video/our-judeochristian-nation

[http://www.footygi.com/view_video.ph...54571fbd180e1c](http://www.footygi.com/view_video.php?viewkey=013ac554571fbd180e1c)

"The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington
](http://api.ning.com/files/aXdShDPIZNpjo2ZT1WSRxioFJcFpzc0yZogxEsBmUv2L2pwm0-0dZPjtMCO7-SPuEzet38kWk2D0PC9Iv5-Vm7zzuA3lOM/flipcircleshadow_350.jpg)

We are a Christian (Judeo-Christian, because the Christians wouldn’t exist without the Jewish Messiah and the basis of the Tanahk (old testement)) nation (i.e. a group of people who self idenitify as a group), but we are a secular government.

And that is the way it should be (and it always has been, until recently).

The government should be informed by the people, and their self-identification, but the government cannot be biased in favor of any one particular religious tradition.

Hope this helps;

Exactly.

Many of our ancestors were Christians being persecuted by Christians from Europe who quickly and wisely realized the necessity of keeping religion and government as two separate and distinct entities.

Diests and christians carefully avoided the trap that sunk the Roman empire when they constitutionally forbid the government from identifying itself with any particular religious beliefs beyond the existence of God.

Islam is not a religion, it’s a cult.

Communism is not a religion, it is a master. America was founded as a Christian nation, not either of the above. Instead of trying to change America into something it is not, why not just go live under the government which operates like you think it should. You will not be missed.

The question begs then, did the Supreme Court recognize the United States as a Christian nation? Well, in 1892 the US Supreme Court made this ruling in a case. (Church of The Holy Trinity vs. The United States.) "No purpose of action against religion can be imputed to any legislation, state or national, because this is a religious people. This is a Christian nation."

“We are not to attribute this prohibition of a national religious establishment to an indifference to religion in general, and especially to Christianity (which none could hold in more reverence, than the framers of the Constitution) . . . Probably at the time of the adoption of the Constitution, and of the first amendment to it . . . . the general if not the universal sentiment in America was, that Christianity ought to receive encouragement from the state so far as was not incompatible with the private rights of conscience and the freedom of religious worship. An attempt to level all religions, and to make it a matter of state policy to hold all in utter indifference, would have created universal disapprobation, if not universal indignation . . . The real object of the amendment was not to countenance, much less to advance, Mahometanism, or Judaism, or infidelity [secularism], by prostrating Christianity; but exclude all rivalry among Christian sects, and to prevent any national ecclesiastical establishment which should give to a hierarchy the exclusive patronage of the national government.” Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story on the First Amendment

Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens, George Washington’s farewell address

1983 - Oct. 4, 1982, Joint Resolution of Congress: “Whereas the Bible, the Word of God, has made a unique contribution in shaping the United States as a distinctive and blessed nation of people. Whereas Biblical teachings inspired concepts of civil government that are contained in our Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of The United States … Whereas that renewing our knowledge of, and faith in God through Holy Scriptures can strengthen us as a nation and a people. Now therefore be it resolved … that the President is authorized and requested to designate 1983 as a national “Year of the Bible” in recognition of both the formative influence the Bible has been for our nation, and our national need to study and apply the teachings of the Holy Scriptures.” February 3, 1983 - President Ronald Reagan issued the above requested proclamation. President George Bush declared 1990 to be the international year of Bible reading

RUGGLES WAS DISTRIBUTING LITERATURE SAYING JESUS WAS A BASTARD
AND HIS MOTHER WAS A WHORE THIS WAS IN 1811HE WAS CHARGED WITH
AN ATTACK ON THE NATION

THE REASONING BEING IS THAT AN ATTACK ON JESUS WAS AN ATTACK ON
CHRISTIANITY… AN ATTACK ON CHRISTIANITY IS AN ATTACK ON A CHRISTIAN
NATION AND SINCE WE WERE A CHRISTIAN NATION

IT WAS AN ATTACK ON US HE WAS FINED 300 DOLLARS AND GIVEN 5 MONTH
IN JAIL

Satan is doing everything he can to seperate this nation from God, it has been a real hindrance to him and his minions. All he has to do is destroy Freedom, and he will have succeeded.

How do you figure that one Ken.
All religions are a following . Faith is for the believer am i not right? so what why a do you call it a cult because it is not your belief ? it may be someone else’s. which is why i do not follow any one Religion . You do not have to follow to have faith and spiritual beliefs.

Look up the meaning of cult, then go read the Koran.

so would you define Paganism Ken

I fail to see where the discussion, and intent of the Framers, has come so far off the beaten path.

The government shall simply not recognize one religion as THE religion of the nation. Remember protestants? The word protest in in it. Many came to the new world to escape religious persecution, because they refused to go along with the King’s (and country’s) religion.

Our government has drifted so far from the intent of the concept of separation of church and state, that it is not funny. The very notion of the separation of “church” (though no such language actually exists in the constitution) indicates that the concept of a “church” means recognition of a God.

So, the very argument many athiests make, using this coined phrase, deflates their own argument.

I believe that the government cannot stop the display of religion on government property, not can or should the schools.

Where the true rub comes is in the presentation, itself. In my sons school, there is a menorah and Jewish Star. On the “holiday tree” (note no mention of Christmas tree, there are no symbols. If a parent brings in an ornament with a baby on it, it is removed by the administrators. If an ornament with a cross on it is hung, it is removed. Even something that says “Merry Christmas” is removed. Yet the Star of David and menorah remain. This causes a sense or resentlemt among parents, for it appears as if one religion is put above the other. Parents are afraid to speak up, for fear of elimination of the tree altogether, which is not fair to the children.

What in the Hell has this country come to? I say display it all, within the correct context, in actual and perceived balance.

Nowhere does the Consitiution say that the governmant shall fail to recognize or respect any religion. Its unfortunate that many in control, including the Circuit Court of Appeals (especially the 9th circuit), has forgotten this.

Sell the Vatican, feed the world: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bObItmxAGc

By Chuck Norris
The Word from your Founding Fathers

Anyone who has studied early American knows that the Bible has always been embedded throughout our culture, from classrooms to congressional halls. This was especially the case in the origins of our nation.

A study by the American Political Science Review on the political documents of the founding era, which was from 1760-1805, discovered that 94 percent of the period’s documents were based on the Bible, with 34 percent of the contents being direct citations from the Bible. The Scripture was the bedrock and of our Declaration of Independence, our Constitution, academic arenas and heritage until the last quarter of a century.

Citing a few of our Founding Fathers…“The Bible is a book worth more than all the other books that were ever printed.” – Patrick Henry “It is impossible to enslave mentally or socially a Bible reading people. The principles of the Bible are the groundwork of human freedom.” – Horace Greeley

“I have always said, and will always say, that studious perusal of the sacred volume will make us better citizens.” – Thomas Jefferson

While president of the United States, Thomas Jefferson was elected the first president of the Washington, D.C., public school board, which used the Bible as a reading text in the classroom.
If men like Jefferson believed in biblical education, it is not difficult to understand why liberal groups like TFN are losing the battle to prohibit the Bible and its influence on Western civilization from being taught in public schools. Try as they might, they will succumb to a force far bigger than themselves.

1620 Mayflower Compact signed “Having undertaken for the glory of God and advancement of the Christian faith . . . furtherance of the ends aforesaid.” The Pilgrims taught their children the Bible and the Christian faith.

**1779**        Delaware Indians bring children to George Washington for education, and Washington says "You do well to wish to learn our arts and ways of life, and above all, the religion of Jesus Christ." 

**1781**        Congress approves the purchase of Bibles to be used in schools. 

**1783**        First Noah Webster (Blue Book) Speller is published, with its opening sentence declaring: "No man may put off the law of God."  This speller is widely used in American schools and is peppered throughout with Bible verses.  Later versions stated, "Noah Webster who taught millions to read but not one to sin."  

**1784**        Jedediah Morse, father of American Geography, publishes the first Geography text book which contains references to Christianity.

**1787 **        Congress passes the Northwest Ordinance which is outlines requirements for governments of new territories so they can qualify for statehood.  Article 3 of the Northwest Ordinance directs the people of the territories to establish schools "to teach religion, morality, and knowledge.”   Nearly every state admitted to the Union after this has written in their State Constitution wording that the schools are to teach morality and religion and they all use the Bible as the bases for their teachings. 

**1796**        In Washington's Presidential farewell address to the nation he encourages America to learn Biblical teachings to sustain a moral and just country.  

**1802**        Thomas Jefferson acting as President for Washington D.C. schools requires the Bible and the Watts Hymnal to be used in classrooms.

**1808**        Washington's Farewell Address is published as a separate text book.  Washington's Address is looked upon as one of the most important political documents in American history.  In the speech Washington emphases that for America to succeed it must have a moral society which can only come from roots in the Christian faith.  This text book is used until 1960's.

**1830**        Dr. Benjamin Rush signer of the Declaration of Independence, letter is published in support of using the Bible as a school textbook. 

**1836 **        First McGuffey reader is published which teaches the ABC's along with Bible verses.  This reader is looked at as an "eclectic reader" which combine instructive axioms and proverbs, fundamentals of grammar and selections of the finest English literature.

**1844**        Girard proposes to teach morals without the Bible.  The Supreme Court rules that American schools are to teach Christianity using the Bible.  The case is argued and won by Daniel Webster. (Videl v. Girard)  

**1890**        Supreme Court rules that America “is a religious people. . . . this is a Christian nation” as such it is fitting that its people would teach their children the Christian faith. (The Trinity Case)

**1892**        Pledge of Allegiance is written for school children to recite at school.

**1892**        The American Teachers Union declare that schools should continue to teach morals from the Bible as schools are turned over to the various States from the Christian Churches.  Prior to this many schools had been run by churches of various denominations.  Many state Constitution's mandate the teaching of morals, religion and knowledge.
          **Of the first 108 colleges and universities founded in America, 106 where founded as Christian schools.  Of the first 126 colleges, 123 were Christian.**

**1900**        Virtually all school text books published to date have contained Biblical references or teachings.

**1925**        Florida State legislators pass law requiring daily Bible reading in public schools. 

**1946**        Dallas schools publish textbook titled "Bible Studies Course for New Testament."  This book has many questions and answers about the life of Jesus Christ.

**1954**        The words "One Nation Under God" are add to the Pledge of Allegiance

**1983**        President Reagan proposes a Constitutional Amendment to allow school prayer.         

**1984**        There are now 32,000 Christian Schools in America to counter the Supreme Courts secularizing of the public school system.

**2004**         Supreme Court upholds the words "One Nation Under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance.

[size=2]**2008**       Christian run schools and most home schooling programs continue to produce students with higher academic test results then secular public schools.

[/size]http://www.free2pray.info/Schools.html

Paganism; See Wayne Wilson. How’s that bud? :wink:

i have an original book they used to teach school during the beginning of the 19th century, most of the text is from the bible.

I agree, as did the Roman Emporers. Since “The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire” was a best selling book in 1776, it is almost assuredly to have had consideration in new governments being formed in that period.

Each time the Romans added a new land to their empire, they added the gods of the new people to the long list and gave each equal billing. In this manner, Rome had no religious wars or arguments with anyone…nor did anyone with Rome.

So you don’t what it is then Ken, I look at all religions, not what close minded tell you, It is not Satan worship nor about witches . although many people think that way.
I wasn’t attacking you just ask a question. Many people make up this earth many beliefs which is fine. all People need something to believe in . your’s may just be different than mine. As i said before one side can not always be THE ONE . if that was the case there would not be so many different Christian faiths nor different levels of the Islam faith . Many people have died in the name of My religion is right and yours is wrong I do not think any god would agree with that Do you?
I see nothing wrong in teaching children faith as long as it is done in a place of worship, School is a place of educating. And we are failing in that. My Wife has volunteered in The big sister program and been given a chance to help a Less fortunate child . We are trying to teach her simple things like adding and reading. She is 8 years old and can not read, she didn’t how many quarters are in a dollar. So much for no child left behind Unfortunately the shcool is in a low income neighborhood and many of the children are like her. she needs to learn Basic stuff . Kids have enough to learn . When thier minds are formed to make judgment on thier own then they can choose what religion they want to follow. Or we will not be any better than the extremist you so afraid of. Are we not better than that?

Consider yourself fortunate in the fact that you are allowed to hold this type of opinion here in the United States. If you were born Muslim and spoke this way, you would be put to death. The fact that Christianity is the most ridiculed religion in the world speaks volumes. It says the truths of Jesus as lord and savior, rattles the core of those not willing to live the lives that the lord has commanded us to live, so a variant is formed to fit the live style. As you and others have said, you have faith. faith in what? Everyone has faith in something. Do you have faith that your car will take you from point A to Point B? I’m sure you do. Do you have faith that your children will love you forever? I’m sure they will. Where you put your faith is the important part. I’m sure you may have heard this before and I don’t mean to be repetitive, but do you know that the images of Christ on the cross are done to take the shock value from the image? Jesus was actually badly disfigured when he was nailed to the cross. He suffered this anguish and death of the most horrendous type imaginable to save each of us. This is well documented in the bible and other articles of antiquity. Ask yourself, If Jesus was just a wacko, why would he go through this torture and die such a horrible death on the cross? His disciples died painful deaths as well, all documented as well. People will not be tortured to death but rather admit they lied to save there life.

Mike was not saying i was not fortunate ,What I was saying because of our culture we are to be tolerant . I know that some countries can put you to death. I also know that it has happen to Non Christians here, Luckley that can not happen so freely but it has happen. when one side decides they are the only one right then it is a forced issue.

Wayne neither you nor I get to choose that it is O.K. to worship any way we see fit. God made the rules and wrote the book, and he says there is only one way that is right, and it is narrow. Sounds like you have never read the bible.