Kentucky Requiring Certification for Radon Testing

According to the Kentucky regulations (, a person shall be eligible to be certified as a radon measurement contractor or a radon mitigation contractor if the individual submits to the state:

  • An application;
  • Verification of completion of an AARST-NRPP course and exam;
  • Fees; and
  • A quality assurance plan.

InterNACHI’s free, online “Advanced Radon Measurement Service Provider” course is approved for both Entry Level (INACH-1) and Continuing Education (INACH-401) by:

Planet InterNACHI… resistance is futile!

I have heard that some states have, or are considering, required licensing for radon measurement and lab testing certifications, both for any test person using electronic CRM’s. Both are not required if using charcoal canisters/kits for outside lab testing. Have you?

Indiana has two licenses.

  1. For secondary tester: use charcoal canisters, but a separate company measures the canisters.
  2. For primary testers: CRM