Ladder Safety Training Course

Research & Writing Assignment:

For this essay I choose an article about Ladder Safety. I have learned in this course that there are a variety of ladders, all useable for different projects. A step ladder, good for projects closer to the ground, an articulating ladder, good for either close to the ground or higher up, and an extension ladder which is great for projects higher up. For every 4 feet up, the ladder needs to be positioned 1 foot away from the structure. The 4:1 rule. Also, the base of your ladder needs to be very secure, no matter which type of ladder is used. The ladder needs to be in excellent condition for the inspector to use it; i.e, rungs, cleats and steps. The ladder should not be painted as to cover up defects or damage.
Use extreme caution when working around power lines, at least 10 feet away. Always extend the ladder 3 feet above where you plan on getting onto the roof. Also, tying down the ladder onto the roof is a good safety feature to use.
The inspector should always use their own ladder, never one that is laying around at the job site; it could be damaged and unsafe.
In conclusion, safety first. Falling off a ladder can get you hurt badly or kill you. The United States has the most deaths from ladder falls.