Letter to the Editor Knob & Tube Problem

There was a letter posted in our local paper regarding insurance coverage of homes containing knob an tube wiring. I posted a link to the article here.http://www.facebook.com/4squarehi. Never heard of this before and was wondering if anyone else has? There are literally thousands of homes in our city wired this way.

Where is the link to the letter? If we aren’t your facebook friend, we can’t get to it.

Maybe he is looking for more freinds

Nope, Just trying to figure out how to put to use the education that I’ve taken. The link to the article is http://www.sheboyganpress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009909290381

But you may have to log in to see it there, too. BTW, My page should be open to all. If not, let me know. Thanks!

Most insurance companies will write a policy on a house in my area with knob and tube wiring. There are some such as State Farm that will not. This also goes for fuse panels, federal pacific breaker panels, no gutters, and even if a few roof granules are lying in a gutter. Sad but true.
Insurance brokerages will write a policy for about any house in any condition. They have more insurance providers to choose from.