Leviton Panel Question

Have 2 Leviton subpanels on new build today. I’ve been researching the Leviton panels. I know that the neutrals are supposed to be connected next to the breakers and not the standard bus bar according to the legend and their website. My question is, how exactly does this work? Is there a connection back to the neutral line that I’m not seeing? Here is their website https://www.leviton.com/en/products/llphn One of the panels had neutrals for double pole breakers at the regular spot and the other was all 15 and 20 amp and were next to the breakers

Also, secondary question, this main panel outside has a jumper between the two neutral/ground bus bars that goes right over the hot bus bar. Typically I see them insulated where they cross or offset slightly above or below. Is this ok? The picture with blue circle.

H

The neutrals and hots both connect next to the breakers for those unfamiliar. Silver and bronze screws like rece

ptacles.

The panel was made and listed with that neutral bar design.

Not sure what you are saying about the neutrals of the 240 circuits.

2 Likes

I’m asking if it’s okay for the 240 volt branch circuit neutrals to terminate at the neutral bus bar down below.

Yes I know the panel is designed for that. I don’t see any pathway back to the main neutral was just curious.

240 volt circuits do not use the grounded conductor (neutral).

1 Like

There are a few white wires on the neutral bus bar above. That panel had Oven, range, Heat pumps and back up heat on it. No single pole breakers in that panel.

If your speaking of the B panel (last picture) they are called “plug on neutrals.” The plug on portion is for smart breakers, gfci, or afci or some combination of both. 120v circuits still need a “load” neutral to the device being powered.

The best way for you to understand this setup is to get the manufacturers part number and look it up on their website. Your pictures don’t show any concerns.

1 Like

It does not matter where a neutral conductor lands on the bus as long as the breaker does not require a load side neutral. For example an oven that is 120/240 and does not need afci or gfi protection can have the neutral conductor land on the top, bottom or anywhere in between.

2 Likes

That’s what I was trying to ask thanks. I thought it was fine just trying to verify

Its a good question because these types of panels are relatively new and have some features that most of have never seen before.

4 Likes