Liability Insurance Carriers

I have now completed my 120 hour class and also passed the state exam (93!). I am completing the state license application and need to get a liability policy. Any recommended carriers? I am in the Tampa Bay area. Thanks!

Call Dave Wicker. He’s on this message board

[FONT=Tahoma]Will Colton****[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma]Broker/Program Manager******[/FONT]
**[FONT=Tahoma]

https://email16.secureserver.net/download.php?header=261990983&part=2&inline=1

**](http://www.inspectorproinsurance.com/)[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma]Citadel Insurance Services
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]826 East State Rd. - Suite 100[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]American Fork, UT 84003[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma] [/FONT]
FONT=Tahoma 610-2713 (Direct)[/FONT]
FONT=Tahoma 610-2701 (Fax)[/FONT]
FONT=Tahoma 916-9419 (Toll Free)[/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma]wcolton@citadelus.com[/FONT]

Since you are now wanting to work, I wonder why you are asking only for Liability Insurance referrals.

Maybe you were on a bathroom visit when/if they covered state regulatory req’ts?

Do you even know what type(s) of insurance you will be required to have?:roll::roll:

From the Florida Statutes;

468.8322 Insurance.—A home inspector shall maintain a commercial general liability insurance policy in an amount of not less than $300,000.

I got mine today from Will Colton as I was sending out my state application. He’s responsive and had the required coverage available.

Evidently you don’t Pete!

Congrats, I went with Hiscox and it was about $32 a month for 1M of coverage.

Huh? :roll:

That seems reasonable.

Just called Hiscox and they don’t insure home inspectors. How did you get yours?

Really cause I called them up and told them my profession and they gave me a policy. I will check into that. I’m going to call them now.

Thank you Greg, I called Hiscox up and the person who helped me three months ago placed it under Building/Construction Inspector. They will be refunding my money and i will be finding a new GL Insurance tonight. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Yep…same thing happened to me. I asked Will why he was more than Hiscox. He said make sure they insure HOME INSPECtORS…

-Carl

This sucks, now I am trying to find someone for a decent price I am a new inspection company and cant afford really alot. So trying to look around and get quotes

](*,)This is what I fill right now

I researched this heavily and Will Colton turned out to be the best bet.

Thank you, I will give Will a call today.