Loose faucet lever and no set screw.

Any plumbers out there to help?
The only part that comes off seems to be the handle.
It is loose and want to fix it.

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

Look underneath .

When you say underneath, Roy, you mean under the faucet base? Inwhich I would have to remove the faucet fixture from the sink?
I never noticed a lever screw there when I installed it.

On some you can tighten them up there.Or here see attachment.

I would be trying to pry it off. yes careful not to scratch ]
What you took off is simply the interchangeable handle which most likely came with a extra pair in white or clear plastic.

The old Chicago faucets were so much easier.

The base of the handle might even be screw on so have fun playing…:slight_smile:

Harry Homeowner strikes again. :mrgreen:

There is got to be an easier way to tighten a lever handle than to replace or remove the faucet asembley. :slight_smile:

There should be a hex screw under a silicone plug on the exterior of each handle. Cmon Marcel. It may not be a battleship but it ain’t rocket science either… :wink:

Yep, Harry here. :wink: I installed these 2 years ago or more and now trying to figure out how to tighten the handle.

I’ll try the bottom part with a strap wrench.

Bob, I tried gently to pry off and was a no go.

It is usually a plastic wing type nut. I just did one on an inspection the other day so I wouldn’t have to write it up.

Yes, wing nut holds the whole asembly which I will not attempt on a Sunday. :slight_smile:

Is there two or just one nut?

Bingo, we have the technology as a team. :mrgreen:

And there is the friggin screw.

Fixed and Mamma is happy. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the help.

Oh, thanks Roy and I have two nuts. LOL

I am so disappointed you actually had a proper tool. I wanted to see something more… homeowneresque… :shock:

:mrgreen:Well, sorry to disappoint you Stephen. Unlike some teachers we know on this message board, we try to set a good example. ;):cool:

Bwahahahaha :mrgreen::mrgreen:

and that boys and girls is what happens when a carpenter installs a faucet…;-).