Marc Goldberg ..What is this WDO?

In all seriousness looks like a kid was playing with a cordless drill.

I certainly defer to you on this subject but I have read that the larva will return to the same holes the following year and the cycle continues, which is why the holes should be sealed after they are poisoned/ filled with carpenter bee foam from Lowes lol…we bought our house in early November here in Tallahassee, and there were two spots on the siding were I could see what I thought was just bird crap and came to find out this spring its where they land before they go into the hole on the back side of the fascia. I was literally sitting in my garage painting some tables I just built and I kept hearing this faint scratching noise from somewhere outside and above the garage doors. A first I thought it was a mouse in the soffits but it wasn’t that loud, after a few minutes of just staring at the general area a little bit of saw dust comes floating down. Ended up killing 5 bees in that hole and 7 in another one over a couple of days, wife thought I had lost my mind sitting out there in a lawn chair with an extension ladder set up just waiting for one to fly over and enter so I could scurry up the ladder and foam them out lol. Both of the holes on my house went both ways and for farther than 6 inches (you can hear the foam filling it before it starts running back out).

Bee fun is cool Mike!
I think you meant the adults will return to the same “hole” next season, not the larvae. :slight_smile:

The best method is applying a dry insecticide dust like Drione & then plug the hole leaving the chamber there, don’t fill the chamber.
Then when the little “worms” hatch out they will crawl on the dust picking up a lethal dose.

Bee killers…???~~~~!!!

yep meant the adults returning, I did read that the dust was the best method but this stuff with the straw bent at the tip made getting it into the holes easier…http://www.homedepot.com/p/Spectracide-16-oz-Aerosol-Carpenter-Bee-and-Ground-Nesting-Yellowjacket-Killer-Foam-HG-53371/203012118?cm_mmc=Shopping%7cTHD%7cG%7c0%7cG-BASE-PLA-D28O-OutdoorGarden%7c&gclid=COrept-9zc0CFYE2gQodml8OWg&gclsrc=aw.ds