Member sends out great letter about New Construction inspections.

Are your clients buying a New Home without a Home Inspection?

That could be their biggest mistake.

New Construction Inspection
There are good reasons to have a professional inspection performed on the brand new home your client is buying.
Buying a new house is likely one of, if not the largest purchase decision your client will ever make. The whole process is fraught with emotion and stress. A professional home inspection will substantially reduce the risk for their large investment in a new home. It just makes sense to learn as much as you can about the quality of your new home, before signing off on everything.
Building a new home is a tremendously complex endeavor. It involves many people, usually split up into sub-contractor groups, each working on different parts and systems of the house. Even for the best builders, it’s nearly impossible to complete this process without missing something. Maybe its a plumbing fixture that didn’t get tested for leaks, maybe its an electrical box that isn’t working, or any one of dozens of minor problems that can easily be overlooked in such a major undertaking. We will find such problems while it is still early enough for you to bring them up with the builder and have them corrected before your client sign-off and start moving in.
For the relatively small cost, a professional inspection of that new dream home can pay big dividends in peace of mind and getting any problems identified and corrected before they can become an unpleasant surprise.

But, the house was inspected by the City or County Inspector!

Did you know that many county building inspectors inspect over 30 new houses a day, that’s less than 15 minutes at each site!
After more than 6,500 inspections personally completed by Jose Roig, he has identify the 10 Most Common Defects in New Construction.

<LI class=MsoNormal style=“MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify; mso-layout-grid-align: auto; punctuation-wrap: hanging; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in”>No insulation installed in the attic <LI class=MsoNormal style=“MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify; mso-layout-grid-align: auto; punctuation-wrap: hanging; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in”>Missing proper roof vents, or vent holes cut, but roofed over <LI class=MsoNormal style=“MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify; mso-layout-grid-align: auto; punctuation-wrap: hanging; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in”>Cut trusses in roof or floor trusses <LI class=MsoNormal style=“MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify; mso-layout-grid-align: auto; punctuation-wrap: hanging; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in”>Windows installed improperly <LI class=MsoNormal style=“MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify; mso-layout-grid-align: auto; punctuation-wrap: hanging; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in”>Missing backing blocks at tubs and showers <LI class=MsoNormal style=“MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify; mso-layout-grid-align: auto; punctuation-wrap: hanging; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in”>Cooling vents missing, not connected <LI class=MsoNormal style=“MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify; mso-layout-grid-align: auto; punctuation-wrap: hanging; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in”>Inoperable or missing GFCI’s in required areas <LI class=MsoNormal style=“MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify; mso-layout-grid-align: auto; punctuation-wrap: hanging; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in”>Hot and Cold water reversed at faucets, tubs, showers and toilets with Hot Water supply <LI class=MsoNormal style=“MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; TEXT-ALIGN: justify; mso-layout-grid-align: auto; punctuation-wrap: hanging; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in”>Tempered glass missing in required areas

• Improperly installed roofing and flashing.

Don’t wait until is too late. Next time your client ask you: Why do I need a Home Inspection for my New House? Remember these facts and protect your Buyer and Yourself.

Call now at 321-402-2211

Jose G. Roig
Owner/Consultant
A & P Building Consultants
www.Inspector1.com](http://www.nachi.org/forum/)

Posted with permission.

Maybe its just me, but it just a mess of garbled text and codes between bullet points.

I’m glad he gave permission for that!!:smiley:

Same here Joe, if you can speak html you can make it out but it takes awhile.:smiley:

All that aside (which happened during the reposting, I’m sure), big congrats for getting that out & sharing!
I’ve actually made Powerpoint presentations of New Home Defects, to prove the point while using photos.
During slower markets, efforts like Jose’s, and pushing Seller’s inspections, and doing 10th month Warranty Inspections, can make the difference!

This may help:D

• No insulation installed in the attic
  • Missing proper roof vents, or vent holes cut, but roofed over
  • Cut trusses in roof or floor trusses
  • Windows installed improperly
  • Missing backing blocks at tubs and showers
  • Cooling vents missing, not connected
  • Inoperable or missing GFCI’s in required areas
  • Hot and Cold water reversed at faucets, tubs, showers and toilets with Hot Water supply
  • Tempered glass missing in required areas
    *][FONT=‘Times New Roman’]Improperly installed roofing and flashing[/FONT]

I like this letter about new construction inspections.

Now, who specifically would you send this letter to?

Rusell, I tried to drop you an email, but got the following bounced back to me immediately…

maybe time to clean out the inbox? :shock:

We’re sorry. There’s a problem with the e-mail address(es) you’re trying
to send to. Please verify the address(es) and try again. If you continue
to have problems, please contact Customer Support at (480) 624-2500.

<Russ@AceHomeInspections.org>:
The e-mail message could not be delivered because the user’s mailfolder is full.

We send out information every few months about WHY to get a new construction inspection and/or phase inspections… and have made more and more believers out of buyers and realtors!

William, I understand about sending the new construction information to realtors, especially those who are working closely with the builders. But how do you send information to buyers?

emailed you, Steven.
I need to know how that email address was acquired by you, so I can have that source change it to my proper one!

I stay in touch with all my previous clients. This is some of the information that I send them. Also when I have a booth at different functions.

A good marketing tool. Congrats!