FrameGuard® Mold-Resistant Wood
FrameGuard® mold-resistant wood is coated wood combining a blend of anti-mold chemicals with borate technology, alleviating problems from mold, termites and decay-causing fungi.
It can reduce complaints and costly liability claims.
Intended for interior use, FrameGuard wood is available in framing and truss lumber, plywood, OSB, and SIPs, as well as other engineered wood products.
FrameGuard wood is coated with a water-based combination of EPA-registered active components that provide a broad spectrum of protection.
The coating is applied at a treating plant or other facility where quality of coverage can be controlled more precisely than on a job site.
An independent research study of various mold preventatives provides an unbiased evaluation of alternatives.
This study is available from Arch Wood Protection.
In addition to its mold- and pest-resistant qualities and competitive warranty, FrameGuard wood is easily identifiable due to a green colorant that is mixed with the active ingredients.
Offering a host of environmental benefits, FrameGuard wood:
- Prevents mold growth and associated indoor contaminants, reducing the likelihood of mold-related health problems for inhabitants.
- Protects wood without releasing harmful levels of emissions into the building; the coating is GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®.
- Offers protection against mold, termites and fungal decay—all in one product.
- Uses anti-mold fungicides and borates, a low impact preservative.
- Is listed in the GreenSpec® directory of environmentally preferable products and won an NAHB Green Building Award.
- Wood is a renewable material that requires less energy to produce than alternative building products. Wood also sequesters carbon and growing forests absorb carbon dioxide, thus reducing emissions of greenhouse gases.
- FrameGuard® wood is produced using plentiful, fast-growing trees grown primarily in managed timberlands (not in ancient forests or unregulated tropical rain forests). Their supply is replenished in fewer years than the service life of the coated wood.
- Wood construction often allows the use of lower impact installation equipment than construction with heavier building products.
- Wood is an excellent insulator, conducting less heat, noise, and electrical current.
- The FrameGuard coating extends the life of wood, reducing demands on forests and the need for replacement lumber.
FrameGuard® wood is backed by a competitive limited warranty. Contact us for details.
See elsewhere on this site or go to www.frameguardwood.com for an editable model specification.
**Company Information **
FrameGuard® mold-resistant wood was developed by Arch Wood Protection, licensors of the popular Wolmanized® brand of preservative treated wood and Dricon® fire retardant treated wood.
For More Information Download the accompanying product guide.
Contact Information To locate a source, call 866-736-7366.