Mold Resistant Wood by FrameGuard

FrameGuard® Mold-Resistant Wood

Product Description

FrameGuard® mold-resistant wood is coated wood combining a blend of anti-mold chemicals with borate technology, alleviating problems from mold, termites and decay-causing fungi.
It can reduce complaints and costly liability claims.

**Applications **

Intended for interior use, FrameGuard wood is available in framing and truss lumber, plywood, OSB, and SIPs, as well as other engineered wood products.

http://products.construction.com/swts_content_files/1475/222818.jpg

Performance Capabilities
FrameGuard wood is coated with a water-based combination of EPA-registered active components that provide a broad spectrum of protection.
The coating is applied at a treating plant or other facility where quality of coverage can be controlled more precisely than on a job site.
An independent research study of various mold preventatives provides an unbiased evaluation of alternatives.
This study is available from Arch Wood Protection.

**Features **

In addition to its mold- and pest-resistant qualities and competitive warranty, FrameGuard wood is easily identifiable due to a green colorant that is mixed with the active ingredients.
Offering a host of environmental benefits, FrameGuard wood:

http://products.construction.com/swts_content_files/1475/222819.jpg

• Prevents mold growth and associated indoor contaminants, reducing the likelihood of mold-related health problems for inhabitants.
  • Protects wood without releasing harmful levels of emissions into the building; the coating is GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®.
  • Offers protection against mold, termites and fungal decay—all in one product.
  • Uses anti-mold fungicides and borates, a low impact preservative.
  • Is listed in the GreenSpec® directory of environmentally preferable products and won an NAHB Green Building Award.
  • Wood is a renewable material that requires less energy to produce than alternative building products. Wood also sequesters carbon and growing forests absorb carbon dioxide, thus reducing emissions of greenhouse gases.
  • FrameGuard® wood is produced using plentiful, fast-growing trees grown primarily in managed timberlands (not in ancient forests or unregulated tropical rain forests). Their supply is replenished in fewer years than the service life of the coated wood.
  • Wood construction often allows the use of lower impact installation equipment than construction with heavier building products.
  • Wood is an excellent insulator, conducting less heat, noise, and electrical current.
  • The FrameGuard coating extends the life of wood, reducing demands on forests and the need for replacement lumber.

http://products.construction.com/swts_content_files/1475/222822.jpg

**Warranty **

FrameGuard® wood is backed by a competitive limited warranty. Contact us for details.

Model Specification

See elsewhere on this site or go to www.frameguardwood.com for an editable model specification.

**Company Information **

FrameGuard® mold-resistant wood was developed by Arch Wood Protection, licensors of the popular Wolmanized® brand of preservative treated wood and Dricon® fire retardant treated wood.

For More Information Download the accompanying product guide.

Contact Information To locate a source, call 866-736-7366.

Arch Wood Protection, Inc.
1955 Lake Park Drive, Suite 100
Smyrna, GA 30080
Tel: (770) 801-6600
Fax: (770) 801-1990
E-mail: info@wolmanizedwood.com
Web site: http://www.wolmanizedwood.com

Marcel :):smiley:

I like the color …actually saw a bunk of 3/4 tg at a home center last week…first time I’ve seen it Marcel…

Interesting.
Thanks Marcel!

That has got to be a lot better then the stuff they come in and spray on after it is framed.

There was a (builder) here in town bragging about using the spray on and I thought it was very FAUX application.

Missing a lot of surface area and only doing the inside.

I wonder if it will keep the wood from swelling when it gets wet?

Hi Marcel, Here is a siding job I just completed. I happen to like the product as it gives you a smooth surface under the siding and you don’t need building paper. Not sure of the cost though.

I’m doing another siding job with insulated siding. It’s a foamed backed siding that has an R-5. That along with triple pane windows and proper ventilation my client will save plenty on their heating cost.

Hope your staying warm. -26 at my house this AM.
Pete

Nancys siding job 007 (Small).jpg

Nancys siding job 002 (Small).jpg

Nancys siding job 001 (Small).jpg

Nancys siding job 008 (Small).jpg

Peter,

I do not think that is the same product that Marcel posted.

You posted a picture of the OSB that hase the skin on it.

Here’s a little quiz for everyone. Can you pick out the mistake that was made on this building. It won me the job and I corrected it when we sided the building.

Have fun!!!

Same idea though, isn’t it?

No!

What got done with all the flashings and heads of the windows?

What got done at the sills of the windows to kick the water out over the siding?

Hi. Peter;

The Zip System, for wall and roof sheathing, just started seeing it up here.
I am with Carl, how was all the flashing treated at windows and ledger for the future Decks?
-20 here this morning and up to -13 right now.

And the roof lines.

And lets not forget the flashing on the cap of the fireplace.

The windows where installed by the framers and they caulked the back of the nailing fin with silicone and I installed 6’’ Vicor window wrap to cover the nailing fin. Starting at the bottom, then the sides and the top last.

Then we installed undersill trim under the window inside the built in J to keep the siding tight to the wall.

Marcel. All the ledgers where flashed with copper, I even use copper nails when installing any siding accessories over the flashing.

For the Roof;
http://www.goyoders.com/docs/osb/zipsys/installation.pdf

What is ZIP System ® Wall Sheathing?
Zip System wall sheathing has a built-in, water resistive barrier that lets you say goodbye to housewrap forever. Simply install the panels, tape the seams, and you have a complete structural wall system and a water-resisitive barrier all-in-one.
ZIP System wall combines the strength and stability of a high-performing panel with the enhanced weatherability provided by the product’s water-resistive barrier. ZIP System wall panels are backed by our 30-year limited warranty.
Eliminates housewrap

• Built-in water-resistive barrier eliminates housewrap for fast, easy installation

Built-in, water-resistive barrier won’t blow off or tear

• Once the system is installed, no rework, no hassles
  • Give homes a high-quality appearance during construction

Water resistance

• Built-in barrier protects home during and after construction and eliminates the risk of trapped water between housewrap and sheathing

Air resistance

• Built-in barrier controls drafts, which promotes energy efficiency

Moisture breathability

• ZIP System wall panel and barrier are specially engineered to allow the ZIP System walls to breathe

Zip Wall Sheathing;

http://www.huberwood.com/media/2009/pdf/ZIP%20SYSTEM%20WALL%20MANUAL-ENGLISH-1-08.pdf

I custom bent aluminum to flash under the siding where the roofs meet the sidewall.

The chimney cap was installed later by the fireplace contractor.

Your getting close though!

Post a picture that is bigger.

Was there a cricket behind the fireplace?

And the little shoulders on the fireplace where it meets the roof looks out of wack.

I can’t post a bigger picture, this site won’t take it.

There is a cricket behind the chimney.

BINGO!!!

Check out the drip edge, it’s right up against the wall sheathing. A big leak with damaging results with no doubt. We removed the roof shingles, added fascia and shingle moulding so the siding would be installed under the roof, so to speak. Look at the finished picture, you can see the trim we added. 4 Contractors bid on the siding and I was the only one who brought up this issue. If my client had gone with one of the other three they would have had water issue’s. I guess it helps being an inspector, I always look at building as if I’m inspecting them.