Ok folks… I know what I see and what I think, but tell me your thoughts…
- Crawl space in coastal region of NC, with normally high humidity and open foundation vents. This is a FSBO and she has no agent to go to bat for her.
- Sand floor without vapor barrier
- Air handler/evaporator in crawl space (which I still don’t quite personally get, aside from cost of full pack on the exterior)
- Some cascading of insulation, but mainly towards rear wall of crawl where water penetration is evident, along with efflorescence in block.
- Obvious fungal growth on floor joists, being worse on joist immediately adjacent to air handler
- Obvious areas of light-to-dark discoloration on bottom flanges of I-Joists throughout crawl (Suspected mold from prolonged moisture exposure)
- Obvious areas of light-to-dark discoloration on webs of I-Joists throughout crawl (Suspected mold from prolonged moisture exposure)
8 ) Obvious areas of gray-to-black discoloration on sub-floor in evaluated areas of crawl (Suspected mold from prolonged moisture exposure)
- Obvious areas of grayish/white discoloration of solid 2x12 beams (Suspected mold from prolonged moisture exposure)
- Areas of water penetration, with current wet condition, along with efflorescence visible on rear block wall of crawl space, along an area no-less-than 25-30 feet in length, starting at base of block and by end of run extending up wall no-less-than 18". No evidence of current or previous standing water on large scale, but evidence of some at base of wall
11)Seller states that they had a failure of either a hot water heater or a hot water line that went unchecked for some time. Supposedly had repairs made, with new insulation throughout crawl, as well as full treatment for mold prevention.
- Have recommended client to have evaluation and repair by licensed contractor(s) within their specialized fields, independent of the seller.
- Seller is disputing mold condition of any kind existing anywhere within the crawl space because “He wiped his hand across the wood surface and came up with nothing.”
I know what I have reported. What say you?