Montreal home sales drop

Some 4,399 residential transactions were concluded in the Montreal metropolitan area last month, a 12 per cent decline compared with February 2021. Two months into the new year, transactions are down about 19 per cent from the same period in 2021, and now stand at about their 2019 level. Read more

1 Like

Calgary is still crazy busy Robert, I’ve noticed more inventory but still hearing about a lot of crazy over list prices and no conditions.

1 Like

Hi Randy. Hope this post finds you well.
Still conditions in Montreal. Pricing has not changed. To early to tell.
I am fortunate. Still get many inspection calls. What a great carrier!

1 Like

Not sure about Canada, but in many areas in the US, the drop in home sales is based on lack of inventory. That’s what happening in my area. :thinking:

3 Likes

I concur. Same thing here, Thomas. Lack of inventory.

Atlanta GA listing inventory market trend.

Hi Robert,

Here in Québec as well as in the rest of Canada, as in the U.S., the simple fact is that supply can’t match demand!

I am pretty well aware and briefed in most North American markets and brokers (agents) are advising their clients to waive a pre-purchase inspection ,simply because they have 2 or more bidders willing to waive the inspection on the property «they all want»
!

Morning, Gilles. Hope to find you well and in good spirits today.

Fortunately, I have not seen inspections waived. I have had many Real Estate Brokers reach out to me on behalf of the sellers to inspect their properties prior the home going on the market. I think Quebec OACIQ are doing a fine job.

It is my belief both governments have to incentive building trades and developments to turn the corner and increase supply. This would create well paying jobs and homes at affordable prices. A tax windfall for pollical coffers.