Mould inspection saves the day!

Lets not be taking this mold thing to far here. Anyone here have mold or suspected mold in there house? For $500 I will come to your house any remove any mold that i can in 5 hours. Yes 5 hours. I can remove lots of mold if you dont mind me throwing your drywall and such out the door. I love ripping stuff apart. Got asbestos? I will also throw that out your window for an additional $250/ cf . you take care of the disposal. Any takers?

By the way a mold, or suspected mold stain in my books is also damaged drywall or whatever due to water infiltration…same thing…water is coming in…the end.

Randy

You must be certified in mold remediation,otherwise you could do more harm than good. In the home and to yourself.

Taking Mould, Asbestos to far, not in my books.
Well I did an inspection for a gentleman in Calgary and he just walked away from a $700,000:00 home here from about 100 feet of asbestos on the pipes over a newer boiler.( yes it was asbestos it had red metal labels many places said New Johns mansville super Insulating Asbestos).
This home was huge and prestine great location .
When I went over the report over the phone with him every thing was great till I mentioned the Word asbestos .
He almost came through the Phone .
I said that this could be removed with not much effort .
Then he said Roy I do you know what I do for a living .
I said no sir . he said well I am a Radiologist Doctor and I am very concerned with asbestos .
There are many types of Cancer some we have great success with some marginal success and He gave a name ( Not Asbestioutis ) and said our success rate with this is zero no one survives for very long .He walked from the home and I did another inspection for him last week and he bought this home . $700,000:00 in this area is very expensive.
I only know of one that sold for more and I was the HI for it $1,000,000:00. so yes Mould hits me and my wife hard when it is a lot .
I do not test for either . yes I have taken at least 5.5 days of mould and Inside air training.
I did a home for the childrens aid society $650,000:00 and you would not want this job of mould removal I think they spent about $100,000:00 on removal

. Roy Cooke

$100,000 for mold removal? Thats the business that I need to be in! HA :slight_smile:

I have never ever seen mould like this they had white mould thay grew every where in one section and mould growing on top of mould and yes I did not test it . Water and High humidity . wet wood and junk wow what a place.
Char Could not even go down stairs I had my mask on all the time others where not bothered .

Roy Cooke

Buddy of mine has a picture of a mushroom beside a shower in a hotel room…a fany hotel. If thats not mold, I’m not sure what is. How would a person ducument that. Vegetation growth in a non-vegetation growth area or just plain moldy. I’ll get the picture soon to show you.

By the way does anyone here realize how much mold spores or whatever it takes to grow an actual mushroom? Me neither…but plenty…plenty of plenty. :slight_smile:

Seen it to and in basements .You will gather a lot of experience just reading and looking , many HIs have been at at for a while and we to still continue to learn .
After many years you get to know a lot then you die .
One spore is all thats needed to grow like one acorn for the might oak.

Roy Cooke

Mushrooms also grow in sh-t. Doug

Thanks I just bought a pile of Mushrooms to have steak and sh-t for supper tomorrow.
You can not upset my tummie still going for the steak and fungis Great meal.
Roy Cooke

Mould has been around since the earth was created, its still around and will be around until the end of the earth. Mould in my opinion has been over hyped. It has become a revenue source by putting fear into those that least understand it, that is the homeowner. Not all people will exhibit signs of illness from moulds, while others with comprimised immune systems may exhibit illness. The only ones that can tell if mould is a health issue are doctors and even then I believe the evidence and tests may be inconclusive. The medical conditions could be a result from something else in the home such as off gasing of chemicals, pets, plants, fabrics, allergens…

The facts are with out mould we would have no decay and the ground would be covered with leaves wood and lots of other things it is needed to continue on with life . theme’s the facts.
Roy Cooke

I know someone who is doing two mold inspections next week and getting paid almost $500 for each.

Works for me. :slight_smile:

How can it work for you if you are not the one doing the inspections?

Well, I get part of the profit that’s why.

Gee i wonder what the SOP says about that.HMMMMMMMMMMMMM .
Sounds like payola to me .
Roy Cooke CMI,RHI,CHI,CAHPI-ON

I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night Wendy if I didn’t explain to folks they don’t need a mold test.

I get numerous calls for them, I spend more time explaining how their going to get ripped off than I do trying to get a contract for a 50,000 sq. ft. inspection.

Seriously I do…!

Wendy if you are sharing then you would also be sharing any liability that may come with the inspeciton.

Mould works for me. I just finished two inspections today (with 4 swab samples) and am now on the specified vendors list of a major roofing company. Seems like mould is growing!!!

I sleep fine at night but when a roofing company is hiring me because they want to put their customers at ease then I’m OK with that. Yes, I have told people they’re wasting there money on the test depending on the cirmumstances.