Move In Certified

I don’t know about Mountain, but American Home Warranty has a 120 day warranty for a sellers inspection. It is for the seller and it starts the day of the inspection and is “up to 120 days” meaning if the house sells before 120 days, the warranty ends, not transferable.

I’ve just recently have taken the time to look at the MIC program and I have to hand it to Nick and crew, the thing is well put together! The bullet point benefits to home sellers that are outlined on the MIC website are fantastic. The signage is a definite winner and the report upload is tres bien.

It looks like a great program, clients and realtors here just arent going for it.

Move in Certified really isn’t easy. I’ve been marketing it hard and only gotten one. The problem is convincing the seller to do the inspection. They have the attitude that the buyer will do it and they will split the repairs, instead of doing the repairs all themselves.:roll:

Funny, I’ve got agents coming to me asking for this. That’s what got me off the fence to look at it.

I wish they did here, I would be the signs and everything.

Some agents here are paying the inspection fee for their listings. It gives them a competitive advantage over other agents for listings, they feel.

Seller, or pre-listing inspections have been VERY hard to sell for me here in Texas. It is such a great idea. I have been marketing it heavily but yet to have any interest. No one seems to want to spend money on something that is perceived as a buyers expense. I think this is going to take some major real estate market education before it becomes a popular trend.

I had an agent call me today to ask my thoughts on MIC’s. She wasn’t aware of the MIC we are talking about and she was happy to hear she wasn’t bat-!@#$ crazy for thinking of it. My company is new so I thought this would be a great way to get a good relationshipo with an agent. Not to mention several other people have been interested in the whole concept for more “control” on their end and when they decide how much they are willing to do once negotiations begin. I, too, don’t get why anyone would want to go through the whole song and dance of selling their home and leaving such a big variable to come back and bite them in the behindl. Who are people kidding when they wing it to see if an inspector will “catch something” or not? Who buys a car without asking for a reprot on the cars history?

In my area it has been dead in the water. Some of the agents here feel MIC negates the need for a buyers agent, and that they will buy a home without an agent. I have tried and tried, even offered a few for free, but no go… :frowning:

That may be where it is at! Do a few for free. I know that nobody wants to work for free but if you believe in this concept then look at it as a cost of doing business.

If I was able to get a couple of my realtors on board with this on one of their clients homes as a free service to test the waters then I would do it! If it helps the home sell faster or the transaction to move smoother then you have hard proof it works! Until then it is all make believe to them.

If you say it they doubt you…If they say it it’s true! We need to get them to say it!

I know I will be coming at this from that angle!